Airsoft lever-action

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Y2K
Levergunner

Airsoft lever-action

Post by Y2K »

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Airsoft lever-action

Post by Rusty »

It looks interesting, but the no Warranty part is a little disturbing.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

There's all sorts of airsoft guns over here but I ain't seen that one before... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

An outfit named Bravo markets it as well. One thing is for sure regarding airsoft: No matter how nice it is, if you actually use it much it will break. Every time. Guaranteed.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

olyinaz wrote:An outfit named Bravo markets it as well. One thing is for sure regarding airsoft: No matter how nice it is, if you actually use it much it will break. Every time. Guaranteed.
Y2K has discovered that the hard way! :wink:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I have very little time or patience for "airsoft".

If you want to shoot at people in a non-lethal way use Squirt Guns, Paint Ball Markers or Simunitions.

But BB gun "wars" have always got my dander up...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old Ironsights wrote:I have very little time or patience for "airsoft".

If you want to shoot at people in a non-lethal way use Squirt Guns, Paint Ball Markers or Simunitions.

But BB gun "wars" have always got my dander up...
I agree, I can see it being fun to a kid who can't get to shoot real guns but I would hate to see kids getting used to shooting realistic looking guns at each other and then having to learn to not even point a real gun at anyone, bad habits can be hard to break. Sure we all had cap guns and squirt guns as kids but when we graduated to firearms it was a totally different ball game, my son and I had a lot of fun with soft air pistols but never ever shot at one another.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Y2K
Levergunner

Post by Y2K »

I disagree entirely; airsoft is a great pastime, where safety protection is REQUIRED. It can be played by a large group of ages in a variety of different ways. For example I’m a person in the airsoft community that uses more expensive rifles that are extremely similar to their real counterpart. I try to match my gear to what current military groups are using. Also, the sport hurts nobody (unless you get hit), and has far less impact on the area you play in than paintball, being that it does not splatter paint. Some airsoft rounds are biodegradable leaving even less of an impact. Though I play in a “MILSIM” style of play, others play more casually and some even more intense. If you did not know “Old Ironsights”, airsoft BBs are made of plastic and are non-lethal unless hit in the eye, and then again safety gear is required, and responding to “olyinaz”, you just have to know how to fix em’ :wink: .
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Y2K wrote:I disagree entirely; airsoft is a great pastime, where safety protection is REQUIRED. It can be played by a large group of ages in a variety of different ways. For example I’m a person in the airsoft community that uses more expensive rifles that are extremely similar to their real counterpart. I try to match my gear to what current military groups are using. Also, the sport hurts nobody (unless you get hit), and has far less impact on the area you play in than paintball, being that it does not splatter paint. Some airsoft rounds are biodegradable leaving even less of an impact. Though I play in a “MILSIM” style of play, others play more casually and some even more intense. If you did not know “Old Ironsights”, airsoft BBs are made of plastic and are non-lethal unless hit in the eye, and then again safety gear is required, and responding to “olyinaz”, you just have to know how to fix em’ :wink: .
Oh, I know now "generally safe" the can be with proper orifice protection, but it's just how I was taught to handle guns...

No "realistic" looking guns get pointed at people. Period. Later when there were defined tactical simulations that needed to be engaged under controlled circumstances, then MILES &/or Simunitions are the appropriate tools... because they DO "mark" the "casualty" but those aren't Games done for fun.

But just because *I* don't like it doesn't mean you can't have all the fun in the world doing it. :wink:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Y2K
Levergunner

Post by Y2K »

That's a great mindset to have. :)
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Y2K wrote:That's a great mindset to have. :)
That's why I'm I Libertarian... :lol:
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Like I said, I CAN see it being fun but I've taught a few kids from non shooting families how to shoot and be safe with firearms, it is getting harder nowadays as kids are all playing video games and using soft air guns, a lot of youngsters do not realise that pointing any gun at someone is a no no. I know you have had expert tuition in firearm safety and are not likely to make a mistake, unfortunately a lot of young shooters are not so well versed in the use of firearms and bad habits can creep into the using of more deadly firearms if you're not careful. I guess I'm becoming an old fanny burp.. :lol:

BTW I do like that BB Leveraction... :mrgreen:
Last edited by gamekeeper on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacEntyre
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MacEntyre »

I have a gas airsoft 1911... seals in the mags went bad sitting on the shelf with a little pressure in them, now the gun is no good.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Not really airsoft, I bought Shirley a genuine Makarov CO2 BB pistol, it fires steel or lead BBs and you would not want to shot with that.... :o :lol:

Apparently the Makarov CO2 pistol is banned in the US but legal in the UK.. :roll:
Y2K
Levergunner

Post by Y2K »

I have a KWA AEG KM4/CQR Hybrid (It's an M4 style rifle)
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Y2K wrote:I have a KWA AEG KM4/CQR Hybrid (It's an M4 style rifle)
I've just Googled it, cool lookin' bit of kit.. 8)
Y2K
Levergunner

Post by Y2K »

It has a custom paintjob, Magpul MOE stock, Magpul airsoft magazines with ranger plates, 6" quad rail, mock suppressor, and a EOTECH 553 replica.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Y2K wrote:...and responding to “olyinaz”, you just have to know how to fix em’ :wink: .
Welcome to the fire by the way. :D

Yes, my boys and I learned that there's an entire industry built up around selling, modding, running, and maintaining these air guns. It IS a great deal of fun for those with the pockets to deal with it - no question. I'm just of an age where it hacks me off that at the price point some of these guns run in they are still made out of Zamak, soft aluminum, and plastics that don't hold up better than they do. A "real" lever gun will run for years without a hiccup - they last for generations and if cared for are multi-century devices. Not so airsoft guns, but I'm not certain there's a solution because built to last they'd be more expensive than real guns (they're more complicated after all), and more expensive than most people will pay. Built to a market point - we get what we get.

Have fun! Don't mean to be a wet blanket.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright