Met Another Levergunner!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Met Another Levergunner!

Post by Griff »

As I started my latest trip I contacted JohndeFresno about a "need" I had in his area. Rather than "borrowing" shotshells from another shooter I asked if John would around his home turf and locate some of my needed shotshells to compete in this cowboy match near his home and if a get together if it was possible.

Although the desired shotshells were not to found John graciuously cleared his Sat afternoon and we spent what was, for me, an Very pleasant afternoon & evening, along with a very excellent dinner at a local eatery few truck drivers will have the delight to enjoy. Especially with such gracious hosts such John & his wife!

What a treat. John, can't thank you enough... hope you didn't fall for the lies and such. Such tall tales... :P You musta been one heck of an interrugator! :P :P I'll deny it all, written proof or not!

(Edited to correct terrible grammar and spelling. I musta been exhausted when I typed this)! I ended up shooting a "clean match". No misses, procedurals, or safety violations! And didn't even finish LAST! Musta been a scoring glitch!
Last edited by Griff on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Met Another Levergunner!

Post by Nath »

Excellent....nice to here about....thankyou.

Nath
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now wait a minute there John, don't fall for all those stories - he never went out with Lois Lane, I asked her and she said he never would return her calls never mind that one night on the strip. And that business in the Tortugas - Griff never stole the Black Pearl, he won it in a card game and just gave it back to Capt Jack Sparrow - that stuff about a sword fight is all so much hokey. That all happened in France over some courtesan, but the intellectual type, cortigiana onesta. And Griff - John De Fresno - in hiding - some international wine and gold dealer that really sold intelligence. You two are a pair. March on.

In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Sounds like a great time!
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Am I the only levergunner who lives on the East? Seems like you guys out West are always getting together. Probably because I don't have any friends. Everyone hates me, even Griff. :D I got bit today by one of my dogs.

Old Savage has more girlfriends than Carter has liver pills.

Good to see you boys had a good time, and Griff, congrats on the "clean shoot". :D Not easy to do.

I'm a bit bummed out. Had everything packed to head upstate for a 2 day silhouette match and 10 minutes before I left, Gunny calls me to say he can't go. His wife destroyed their one year old Ford Edge. She's OK and that's the important thing.---------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Now wait a minute - isn't he the one that was mad because you beat him - and now this.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:D :D :D

Is always fun meeting other levergunners!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote:Am I the only levergunner who lives on the East? Seems like you guys out West are always getting together. Probably because I don't have any friends. Everyone hates me, even Griff. :D I got bit today by one of my dogs.
I live out east and have had the pleasure of meeting several members here. Now Sixgun, I tried to meet up with you, but that pesky work-thing interfered! I'll try to reschedule it sometime!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
Sixgun wrote:Am I the only levergunner who lives on the East? Seems like you guys out West are always getting together. Probably because I don't have any friends. Everyone hates me, even Griff. :D I got bit today by one of my dogs.
I live out east and have had the pleasure of meeting several members here. Now Sixgun, I tried to meet up with you, but that pesky work-thing interfered! I'll try to reschedule it sometime!
Yeah, what he said!

I was even over in NJ once upon a time and you said something about "... over my dead body!" And seein' as how I'm rather attached to my life, such as it is... I declined... Then there was that time I met up with fordwannabe... you were invited... I think?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OS, Yea,"the gunny" was hot that weekend. I really believe it was his own terrible shooting he was mad about. IIRC, he something like a 30 x 80' or about what a 12 year old kid would do :D Besides, I ain't gonna let a small thing like that get in the way of all of the other good times we have.

And GRIFF.....I do remember that well and the same for THE KID. They were both in the category of "worst timing adventures" ever to happen. The other 350 days of the year, I would have made it happen. In your case, we had a match scheduled and people were depending on me and in the KID's case, the plant put me on forced OT, which they do like 2 times a year.

I'm off this whole week and I don't have NOTHING pushing me. I'm gonna go eat my hat and get the shooting iron's warmed up. If you get within 200 miles of me this week, I'm coming with more lead and primers than you busted in the last year!-----------6

JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

It was indeed a pleasure meeting Griff! Actually, outside of some one-to-one phone calls and e-mails and one local shooter that I brought onto this site, Griff was the first Levergunner forum member that I've had the pleasure of meeting face to face. Yet he was one of the first to help me out with vital information on how to reload the right way, for which I am indebted. Okay, enough of the gooey stuff.

While Griff was distracted adding buffalo grease to the axles of his iron Conestoga wagon, I managed to dispatch one of my dragonfly cameras and snap this photo of the elusive SASS veteran and Knight of the Road. That moniker, of course is within the dictionary definition of a respected "commercial driver" or "highwayman," you take your pick, but not the thing about the hobo!

I was required to be elsewhere on Sunday; I regretted not being able to watch the SASS participation in Fresno. Maybe next time, Griff, if you come around this way. But indeed the deFresnos had a wonderful time; and we hope to see you again.

I took note of what Old Savage has discounted among Griff's many adventures, but there are several things that he failed to nullify. So I suspect that it is true that Griff was actually the one who invented the Internet, was Forrest Gump's video historian, and is the actual ringleader of the seldom seen X-Men.

I admit, however, that it took all of my training and experience to learn this, because as apparently a few of you know, it is very hard to get our laconic friend to open up and say anything. :lol:

Thanks for the great afternoon, Griff.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

What John means by all that is that his captured evidence is of me hooking up jumper cables; because before our afternoon and evening festivities, I neglected to turn off my cb, 110v inverter, or the attached computer, printer/scanner/copier, tv, dvd and refrigerator! Luckily, John didn't shove me outta the car & speed off! We were able to get the batteries rechaarged and I got to sleep in air conditioned comfort! Thanks again.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Dang it, Griff - I done tole ya that what happens in Fresno stays in Fresno!

You may as tell 'em, now, that you also had your heated pool still running in the sleeper!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

X files - you suspect he is the remaining representative of --- The Lone Gunmen? :)

JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Could be... it seems that Griff is like an onion. You see one thing and there are several more layers to his interesting travels!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Hey! What's Griff doing in that picture? Looks like he is rolling a joint! :D :D -----6

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sixgun wrote:Hey! What's Griff doing in that picture? Looks like he is rolling a joint! :D :D -----6
Qiut that stuff back when the penalty was a felony & 20 years in the "joint!"
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!