.40 S&W ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

.40 S&W ammo

Post by olyinaz »

It's odd. Just as with last time around the .40 S&W has been one of the most consistently available ammunition types out there - at least where I live. I don't quite fathom that since it also seems to be the most popular personal defense and govt. agency pistol ammo at this time (the .38-40 reincarnated...what goes around...), but perhaps that actually helps. I dunno.

At any rate, I saw this at Cabelas today when looking at something else, and it's about the best price on new run .40 ammo out there right now. I've used nyclad stuff from time to time since it was S&W branded back in the 1980s and never had a problem with it, and the aluminum cases might not be a show stopper for someone who doesn't load .40. It's loaded by Federal I think (CCI/Speer, whoever that is these days).

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... basket.jsp
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Re: .40 S&W ammo

Post by Mac in Mo »

40 S&W has been the most available caliber,locally, I've seen since this mess started. 45 ACP has been second.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

The 6 or so WM's and other ammo places I went had the .38/40 New Improved Rimless Short in more ample supply of stock.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

l reload .40S&W. I have plenty right now, but I don't shoot as frequently as I have in the past. O.B.A.M.,A. truly has scarred many more people into thinking an all out ban might happen on his watch! It doesn't matter what he or any other gman does, because when the 2nd American revolution happens, the true patriots will funnel the pile of ammo around so that, once again, the people will regain control!! Learn about the Stamp Acts which were the last straw last time. No doubt, several 100,000s of American citizens will be killed or stare to death but the people will start from scratch to rebuild what out forefathers wanted.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Same here at the local Wal-Mart, most always several boxes of .40 cal and a couple boxes of.45acp. There is always all the shotgun ammo you could want and plenty of rifle ammo.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

My local WallyWorld must be phasing out ammo....The shelves have been bare for months, and they don't even lie very well about when the next load is coming in.... :roll: I'm boycotting my LGS for the scalping they did. Luckily, I most likely have lifetime supplies of stuff if I don't plink with centerfire....(I'll always buy some 230 fmj when I see it reasonably priced)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I'd like to see the weight test done on hard-cast bullets. I think the video was kind of hood-winky, but the ammo is abt 10c cheaper than the 185g I got recently.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Grizz wrote:I'd like to see the weight test done on hard-cast bullets. I think the video was kind of hood-winky, but the ammo is abt 10c cheaper than the 185g I got recently.
I hadn't noticed the video. One thing I just thought of is that this ammo gives folks with poly rifling a nice option.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
1894c

Post by 1894c »

i like and shoot the .40short&weak exclusively (ok .22cal as well), my favorite cartridge of all time...i use a Glock 23 as my woods gun...going to carry Buffalo Bore's 40 S&W OUTDOORSMAN Std Pressure Low Flash Pistol and Handgun Ammo (see attached link)...in the end i just figured that i was carrying a pistol mostly for coyote's, cougar's, feral dogs, and the 2-legged malcontent, so the .40S&W works for me... :)

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l ... tail&p=349
glock23.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.