"Suppressor outfit in Arizona...???"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

"Suppressor outfit in Arizona...???"

Post by AJMD429 »

I saw this comment elsewhere with no mention of the "suppressor outfit in Arizona" - anyone know who it might be...???
"F.W.I.W. The Douglas outfit has unlisted 1 turn in 11 inch Twist barrels, 24 inches long. An outfit in Arizona cuts them in half, and screws them into Ruger 44 Magnum lever carbines. They shoot 300 grain bullets at 1000 fps, through a suppressor, which brings the Ruger carbines, back to the stock 20 inch barrel length. Presumably, so it still fits into a saddle scabbard, made for the stock Ruger carbine. They claim its accurate out to 300 yards.

The suppressor outfit in Arizona says a 300 gr. bullet out of a 44 Magnum case, in the now 12 inch barrel, is good out to 300 yards. And it won't spook your pony. Plus it fits right into a saddle scabbard made for the stock 20 inch barreled Ruger 44 Mag. Lever."
It sounds like it would be a nice outfit - I have an integrally suppressed Ruger 96/22 levergun, but a 96/44 would be pretty cool...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "Suppressor outfit in Arizona...???"

Post by olyinaz »

That sounds like a DANDY outfit for sure!

http://www.srtarms.com/

77-44:

Camp Carbine:

Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

The very first article I read on the 77/44 was in "Small Arms Review" and it was about a suppressed rifle. They said it might fill a SWAT armory. The problem they had then was a lack of accuracy for their purposes. IIRC that was when Ruger first introduced them and they had a 1:38 twist. Now they have changed that to a 1:20 twist which should also help with heavy bullets.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Oooohhh, I like the Marlin Camp carbine. That one makes sense. Lots of firepower with Glock mags. ------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I always figured it would be cool to make a Marlin 44 Mag levergun with an integrally-suppressed barrel. You'd have to make a bit of an 'S' curve in the magazine tube, but I'll bet it would feed just fine. Maybe the suppressor could serve as the forend (they don't have to be centered around the barrel - the idea is just to have an expansion-chamber for the gasses to go into quickly, then slowly exit.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you were going to do that is there any reason the mag tube couldn't sit inside the can?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.