Michael Ansara 91

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Michael Ansara 91

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Michael Ansara, the rugged character actor has died. He was 91.
Ansara, who was married to actress Barbara Eden of I Dream of Jeannie fame, died July 31 at his home in Calabasas, Calif., after a prolonged bout with Alzheimer's disease, his former publicist, Michael B. Druxman, said.

"Trekies" remember him best as Klingon warrior Kang

He also played Cochise in ABC TV's "Broken Arrow" (1956 through 1958)

Also as Deputy U.S. Marshal Sam Buckhart, another Apache in NBC's "Law of the Plainsman" (October 1, 1959, until May 5, 1960)
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Michael Ansara 91

Post by Griff »

RIP. One of my favorite bad guys, who was also a credible good guy! I suppose we'll have to get used to reading of more of heros (or villains) passing their mortal coils.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Wow...that means "Jeanie" is now about 82 :shock: ...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

http://www.therifleman.net/episodes/epi ... =1&epid=21

"The Indian"
Episode 21

Writer: Cyril Hume

Director: Arnold Laven

Original Air Date: 2/17/19

Guest Cast
Michael Ansara as Sam Buckhart, Deputy United States Marshal

Michael Ansara was an American stage, television, film and voice actor, as well as a director and producer. Born in Syria, Ansara immigrated to the United States at the age of two. Originally, he dreamed of becoming a physician, but kindled a passion for performing after taking some acting classes to overcome his natural shyness. He has appeared in nearly 200 films and television shows in a career spanning more than five decades. He appeared in several Bible-era epics, including portraying Judas in "The Robe" (1953), starring Victor Mature, Prince Belshazzar in "Slaves of Babylon" (1953), the taskmaster in "The Ten Commandments" (1956), starring Charleton Heston and Yul Brynner, Herod's commander in "The Greatest Story Ever Told" (1965), starring an ensemble cast that included Max von Sydow and Charleton Heston. In 1999, Ansara had the starring role in the dramatic film "The Long Road Home." Despite his Middle Eastern heritage, Ansara was often cast as a Native American in his early career. He is best known for his role as Cochise in the television series "Broken Arrow" (1956–1958), which made him a household name. A later generation would recognize him for his portrayal of Commander Kang in three installments of the sci-fi franchise "Star Trek." While working on "Broken Arrow" Ansara met Barbara Eden, whom he later married. He appeared in two episodes of Eden's hit comedy show "I Dream of Jeannie" (1965–1970), co-starring Larry Hagman.

Ansara appeared in many of the most popular TV shows of the 1950s through 80s, guest-starring in every genre from crime dramas, whodunits, sci-fi, comedy and action adventures to westerns. He appeared in THE RIFLEMAN twice, on both occasions playing Deputy U.S. Marshal Sam Buckhart in "The Indian" (episode 21) and "The Raid" (episode 37). The storyline had Buckhart coming to North Fork in search of Indians suspected of murdering a Texas Ranger and his family. THE RIFLEMAN episodes were spun-off for a new NBC series, "Law of the Plainsman" (1959–1960) starring Ansara as Buckhart and co-starring Gina Gillespie and Robert Harland. The series is regarded by some as one of the best television westerns ever made. Although better know for his role in "Broken Arrow," Ansara also thought that "Plainsman" was a better show.

In his later career, Ansara frequently did voice acting in animated TV shows, movies and video games, including three iterations of the comic superhero in "Batman" (1992–1995), "The New Adventures of Batman" (1997–1999) and "Batman Beyond" (199–2001), playing the villain Mr. Freeze, a character Ansara would reprise in the film adaptation of "Batman Beyond" (1999) and in several "Batman" video games. He also provided the voice for the recurring character General Warhawk in the animated series "Rambo" (1986). Mr. Ansara passed away at his home in Calabasas, California on July 31, 2013 at age 91.
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Jeannie is still pretty spry!

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/T ... 369745142/

Their son died of a drug overdose over ten years ago:

Oly
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

He had an awesome voice. It is sad to see the people, famous or not, from my parent's generation slowly fading away.

Thanks for posting that.

Sean
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

olyinaz wrote:
Their son died of a drug overdose over ten years ago.
No parent should outlive their child. I can't imagine a worse pain.

I really enjoyed him as "Kang". I think he reprised the role in one of the Star Trek spin-off series too.

RIP...
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
I really enjoyed him as "Kang". I think he reprised the role in one of the Star Trek spin-off series too.

RIP...
Actually two for a total of three appearances as Kang:

"Star Trek-Deep Space Nine" & "Star Trek-Voyager"
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Hagler wrote:Image

http://www.therifleman.net/episodes/epi ... =1&epid=21

"The Indian"
Episode 21

Writer: Cyril Hume

Director: Arnold Laven

Original Air Date: 2/17/59

Guest Cast

Michael Ansara as Sam Buckhart, Deputy United States Marshal
Good episode with a great anti-racism message. Written by Cyril Hume, who wrote Tarzan The Ape Man (1932) and The Forbidden Planet (1956).
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright