UTV battery ouestion.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

UTV battery ouestion.

Post by rangerider7 »

I have a Polaris Ranger 2005 4X4 and the battery is out. The dealer wants 129.00 + tax for a new one. Has anyone got a Walmart etc. battery that would work?
"That'll Be The Day"
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: UTV battery ouestion.

Post by olyinaz »

rangerider7 wrote:I have a Polaris Ranger 2005 4X4 and the battery is out. The dealer wants 129.00 + tax for a new one. Has anyone got a Walmart etc. battery that would work?
If you're asking does Walmart sell one, yes, they do. Also, your local auto parts stores can set you up for less than $129. Taking the old battery in will help, but they should be able to produce one based off of their product guides. Or measure it and know where the terminals are, and you can find one the same size.

If you were asking another question I'm sorry.
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Just my 2 cents, but, a UTV isn't the place to economize on a battery. The high end AGM batteries are leak proof, and vibration resistant to insure reliability when you're out in the boonies...On the other hand, you can no doubt get the battery the dealership recommends cheaper than the stealer, err, Dealer....
I've been checking out AGM deep cycle batteries at Sears for RV power...the DieHards are top rated, and seem to be a good value. Might want to check there.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
rogn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rogn »

Amazon is listing 20 some pages of UTV batteries and battery monitors. Most seem AGMs. Prices seem to fall in the 70$ range.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Shorai makes very good next generation batteries for off-road vehicles --- I use them on my hare scrambles bikes - I also cant afford a battery failure miles from home because those beasts are hard to kick over --

They have a premium price but are worth it for the extra power they have over a stocker, plus they are lighter (not as big a factor on a UTV as a racing bike to be sure, - but they're a great product -- kinda like putting an Optima battery in your truck or something )
----- Doug
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

I just bought a new battery for my 4-wheeler last week. I have an account as a garage so get good prices. The cost after the core was deducted was right about $125. It is a top of the line not a cheepie and will last more than just a year.