OT - Marlin Model 60 question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

OT - Marlin Model 60 question

Post by otteray »

I know it's not a levergun, but I tried to log into the Marlinowners (Rimfire forum) to ask, and couldn't log on!

So, why is the wood screw right behind the trigger and receiver even there at all?
It just goes into the wood only, not into the rear of the receiver or anything else.
Anybody got a clue? :?
phlatnose
Levergunner 1.0

Post by phlatnose »

I took my 60p apart years ago and cant remember what it does. it just appears to hold the trigger guard in place on the wood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Ditto - IIRC it just holds the trigger guard to the wood. Simple set up, and okay for a .22 where recoil is not an issue. A lot of trigger guards have their rear screw this way, and the front one into the action/barrel assembly.
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

See http://www.castbullet.com/misc/m60.htm

That screw is called the "Stock Reinforcement Screw."
otteray
Levergunner 2.0

Post by otteray »

That screw is called the "Stock Reinforcement Screw."

Must be 'cause the stock needs reinforcement there? It is pretty narrow at that point.
Maybe my Marlin 1892 .32 Colt coulda used one. It was wrapped with wire and had 2 nails there when I first got it!