OT For the LEOs that carry 1911s

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

OT For the LEOs that carry 1911s

Post by Buffboy »

The 1911 forum is down. I'm getting along pretty well with the Taurus. I bought a dozen new 8 round Colt mags to work through to see which are reliable. I'm considering making the switch pretty soon. The holster is a Safariland Top Gun 200. I like it. I got a new double mag carrier from Bianchi that's not gonna fly. It's absolutely miserable to get a mag out of for a fast reload(or a slow one for that matter). I prefer a snap down covered version.

What do you use?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm not an LEO and carry my 1911 guns concealed. I use an Uncle Mikes mag pouch with the velcroed flap! Never lost a magazine.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I guess I'm a little confused as to the nexus between carrying a 1911 platform pistol and law enforcement. Are you carrying this on duty? Or plan to? Concealed?

I ride a desk and rarely gear up for actual patrol duty anymore and made my own double stack magazine pouch. Most of the guys on patrol who carry a 1911 are cutting the retention flaps off and using some type of filler to hold on to the mags. So they're open top and very easy to pull from.
Old Law Dawg
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

I used 1911s for duty pistols from 1997 to 2002, and from time to time before then. IIRC, my duty mag pouches were Safariland, with the velcroed flap. The duty holster was the issued/mandatory Safariland 070. We supply our own firearms and magazines, and I settled on Metalform 7-rounders as the best in reliability in my several 1911 pistols.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.