Safety Replacement for Marlin Model 1894

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Remington40x
Levergunner 2.0

Safety Replacement for Marlin Model 1894

Post by Remington40x »

I'm picking up a Marlin Model 1894 .32-20 this afternoon from my local purveyor of temptations. It has the cross-bolt safety, which I consider to be anathema on a lever action rifle. I recall that someone was making a replacement for the safety that resulted in the hole being filled by what looks like an additional screw. I'd very much like to find one and install it. Can any of you suggest a source for this?

As an aside, the rifle is the version with a round barrel, 2/3s length magazine and is in almost new condition, with only the slightest of handling marks on the stock. The rear sight has been removed and a slot filler installed. It has a Lyman peep sight mounted on the receiver. I'm a big fan of peep sights on levers, and already have them on my Winchester Model 94 .30-30, my Marlin 336A .30-30 and my Marlin 39A .22. This little .32-20 will fit nicely into the family.

Thanks.

Rem
2LT Van Cott
Levergunner

Re: Safety Replacement for Marlin Model 1894

Post by 2LT Van Cott »

Clyde Ludwig
PO Box 318
Bridgewater, SD 57319

Phone: 605-729-2029
Your obedient servant,

Lieu't Van Cott
Remington40x
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Remington40x »

Thanks.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

After 131 posts, Remington40x, you should KNOW that, w/o pics, it didn't happen................ :mrgreen:

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... =1&t=48643

Marlin safety deletes. Both saddle ring and plain versions.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
3t-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3t- »

Well I just came here this morning to catch up with the Leverguns folks as I have been away from the forum for a while and wouldn't you know it I end up spending some money. Been thinking about a cross bolt safety fix for my daughters 1894 in .357 and now Beartooth is gettin some of my money. :P
regards

3T
3t-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3t- »

A quick plug for Beartooth and their saddle ring safety replacement on the Marlin 1894. I ordered one Saturday morning and it arrived in today's mail (Monday). Installed in approx. 5 min. with very easy to follow pics and instructions. Craftsmanship was very high and the fit is as good or better than factory. Very pleased all around and cheap at $32.00 delivered.
regards

3T
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

3T wrote:A quick plug for Beartooth and their saddle ring safety replacement on the Marlin 1894. I ordered one Saturday morning and it arrived in today's mail (Monday). Installed in approx. 5 min. with very easy to follow pics and instructions. Craftsmanship was very high and the fit is as good or better than factory. Very pleased all around and cheap at $32.00 delivered.
I've bought 2 from them. Both in Stainless.

The one I put in my Marlin fit without a hitch, and the one I put in my Rossi RioGrande required only nominal fitting.

Note that was an AND, not a "but". Given Rossi's inherent deviations from Marlin Tolerances I didn't expect it to fit without a little work.

I'm VERY pleased with Beartooth's product.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!