XS Ghost-Ring Hunting Sight Set Marlin for 1894CS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
11b3y
Levergunner

XS Ghost-Ring Hunting Sight Set Marlin for 1894CS

Post by 11b3y »

Greetings forum members,

I have a question and request your assistance - I have a Marlin 1894CS and want to purchase the XS Ghost-Ring Hunting Sight Set. But, I see on the midwayusa website it mentions that the front sight holes (quoted from website: "XS Ghost-Ring Hunting Sight Set Marlin 336, 30AS and 1894 with Integral Ramp Fits Newer .700" Hole Space Front Base Steel Blue") are spaced for the new Marlin spacing.

So, I guess the $100.00 questions are: Does my rifle even have the "older" spacing? And if yes, can I still get the sights with the older spacing for my 1894CS?

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Most sincerely,

Thomas

PS If this helps, it is not pre-safety.

UPDATE: The front sight is a dovetail blade with brass bead. SN is 0503xxxx
Last edited by 11b3y on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

Since your rifle is a CS model I assume it was made in 1894 or later. If so, they the sights should fit your rifle. What are the first two digits of the serial number?
11b3y
Levergunner

I am at work, will post the answer after I get home.

Post by 11b3y »

I'll have to post the answer later this evening.

From all I have read so far, Marlin switched over from Micro-groove rifling to Ballard in the mid 90's. Since mine is MG, I am assuming it was made before that.

I also have an email out asking the same thing to the xssights gunsmith.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Regnier over on Marlin Collectors Association answered the date of mfg for me, fast too!