BUCKEYE

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

BUCKEYE

Post by HEAD0001 »

I posted in the wrong place, I meant to post under the Buckeye pistol post.

Buckeye Sporting Goods was a hunting and fishing distributor in Ohio. I had two friends who worked for Buckeye(Tom Kiley, Gene Magers).

The Ruger pistol's were made at the same time. They could be ordered with the same serial number also. The serial number's might have been consecutive, but if I remember correct, the only difference was the prefix. It was almost 20 years ago. I think it was 1989 or 1990. A good friend(Ken Boddeker of Wilderness Outfitter's Gun Shop in Bowling Green, KY) and myself ordered four set's of these pistol's. Ken kept one set and sold the other two. I intended to keep the fourth set, but for customer service reasons I sold my set to another dealer who really wanted the set(J&M Gun Shop in BG, KY).

There was nothing special about the pistol's except the obvious. They sold for a very slight premium. Buckeye could not sell all of them and eventually deep discounted the pistol's to get rid of them(in their flyer).

Ruger made a bunch of special pistol's for distributor's in different caliber's. And different modifications. But these pistol's had no special modifications except the caliber. They were the same as Ruger's other convertibles.

It is hard for me to believe that these pistol's carry much of a price premium(especially one that was shot). But then you know how crazy people are. I have seen a couple of them pop up here and there for a regular used Ruger Blackhawk Convertible price. Tom.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

Well, I guess I don't know sh*t from shinola. I didn't realize my price was so far out of line. I paid $600 for the gun a couple years back, some have been selling for more than that used now on gunbroker, over $125 for all the ammo, at least $100 for the reloading stuff, & I know my dealer's transfer fee is $25 to ship to someone elses dealer. Shipping 2 packages would more than likely have been $15 to $20 each. Gun & ammo have to ship apart. I am not selling it anymore. Sorry. Chris
Last edited by CBinNH on Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Yep.. one of my local stores had a 38WCF/10mm Buckeye in the counter for a year or two. Nobody wanted it, including myself. "What the heck would I do with that thing?" They also had one of the limited run 44Mag/44-40 SBH that didn't move for YEARS. The price kept dropping on both guns. They're now both sought after by collectors.

I ended up buying MOST of a Buckeye 10mm/38WCF ten years later at twice the price.
CraigC
Levergunner 2.0

Re: BUCKEYE

Post by CraigC »

HEAD0001 wrote:There was nothing special about the pistol's except the obvious.
Have to disagree there. They were equipped with the standard Blackhawk XR3-RED grip frame except that it was blued steel rather than aluminum. Same for the ejector housing. The whole sixgun received a much better finish overall than their standard Blackhawk counterparts. That and the caliber makes it easy to pay the premium over other standard-production guns.