Product review: Daltech Force dual layer BullBelt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Product review: Daltech Force dual layer BullBelt

Post by wecsoger »

Full disclosure, I'm not associated with or know any of these people other than I bought one of their products.

Story behind it: guy I work with went to the OGCA (Ohio Gun Collector's Association) at the Roberts Centre in Wilmington Ohio. Didn't buy anything else (this is the high rent district in gun shows) but did show me a belt he picked up for concealed carry. I looked it over; it was very well made.

The people that make it are here:

http://www.daltechforce.com/

I ordered dual layer belt with internal stiffener, in brown, with the brass buckle.

First off, I should say when looking at the prices, is be realistic. Yeah, they're pricy, especially if you compare them to some $12.95 Walmart special. But you're also paying for something you're going to lugging around a $400 - $500 or more handgun and you need to carry it safely and securely.

Couple o' days later, it showed up in the mail.

I am *very* impressed. Edging and stitching, perfect. It is a nice warm brown. Heavy brass buckle. Note, the buckle is not held with cheap snaps but screw mounts (Chicago screws), so that already tells me the maker knows what he's doing.

Remarks I got was it was a good looking dress belt.

This belt is thick. By the way, when you're ordering, read their sizing notes on how to pick the right length. I followed their instructions and it's correct.

And the internal stiffener is, well, stiff. It's almost stand-in-the-corner stiff. It very much reminds me of my old gun belt when I was wearing the funny hat and doing the shurfin' thing.

Wore it last night with a paddle holster with a Browning hi-power and loaded mag. (family is rather used to these little tests of mine) The difference between this carry and with a regular belt is dramatic. The stiffness keeps the weapon more secure and distributes the weight. To keep it from flopping around you don't have to cinch the belt down so tight you can't breath. You still have to keep the belt tight enough so your pants don't fall down!

Today I've got a Galco small-of-back holster with a Glock 19 and full mag. Again, the comfort level is excellent.

Note, because this belt is thicker than most, try it in your holster belt loops before you try it on. Nothing I've got, this belt will not fit, but it's tight in places. I very much like this on the Galco because the holster does not move around, again like my old duty gun belt.

So, I'm very happy with the purchase. Right now I'm looking at a belt slide holster for my Glock and a mag pouch.

Oh, almost forgot. Made in America and they're happy to point that out. Package comes with a plastic bag with an extra belt screw! And also three stickers.

Added bonus. One of my cats has, well, a thing for leather. Curling up in the box has been the high point of his week!