local ammo supply 2-4-13

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

local ammo supply 2-4-13

Post by rimrock »

I visited Academy and Cabela's on 2-4-13. Academy had 4-5 boxes of 45C, and no other visible handgun rounds. Clerk said they got some .22LR in the morning which was gone in less than an hour. Academy had a few sxs shotguns, several handguns, a handi rifle or two, and a few bolt action rifles, some .410

Cabela's had several calibers of handgun ammo on the shelves with few boxes of each remaining. no .22lr on the shelf at all, some .17 caliber stuff, a little bit of bulk handgun ammo in military boxes on display. good selection of bolt rifles and various shotguns, a Win AE .444 I wanted, a few other misc. used, lots of handguns, no black powder pistols ( maybe no longer stocking), good selection of BP rifles, about 5-6 different smokeless powders and 2-3 different BP powders, no primers (clerk said expect 6-9 months before back in stock), and little other misc reloading stuff, very little 20 ga shells, some .410 shells, and a small selection of 12 ga. ammo.

Lines weren't crazy at the time I was at either place.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: local ammo supply 2-4-13

Post by piller »

The Cabela's in Allen, TX had some ammunition yesterday about noon. I didn't buy any as they didn't have any .22 lr, 9mm, or .40 S&W left. They had .380, .25, .38 Special, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt, and a few other calibers, at least 1 box of every rifle caliber that they had shelf tags for, and plenty of shotgun shells. I was there to get a used Glock 22 Generation 2 pistol. It was there for $449.99 and they had several. I got the one with the least holster wear. I am going to have it checked by one of our forum members who is Glock Armorer Certified and then try it out. I had a full sized 9mm that my wife has decided to keep, and since I have no other 9mm, and do have a compact .40 S&W, I thought a full sized .40 might be a good idea.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
rusty gunns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rusty gunns »

Some good news here. I had ordered some powder when "The Well went Dry" two weeks ago. Of course, everyone was sold out.

Ballistic products just delivered my 5 pounds of Unique, so perhaps the manufactures and distributors are beginning to catch up.
The problem using historical quotes in your signature is that there is no way to verify its authenticity.
-Abraham Lincoln

Pair of Colt 73 44-40 (1897)
Parker Bros 10 Gauge (1878)
Winchester 73 44-40 (1881)
Marlin 89 38-40 (1891) Marlin 89 44-40 (1891)
Win 92 38-40 (1892)
Win 92 Short Rifle 44-40 (1901)
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My LGS has ZERO ruger handguns or Glocks in stock. He said he usually keeps 75 Rugers and about 100 Glocks at a time and NOTHING, NADA, ZIP. He said he got a case of CCI standard vel 22 in, he had ordered 20 cases and they sent 1. Guys were buying it up faster than he could pull it out of the box. What a world we live in. The only good thing is in a while the people who bought on the high end will soon tire of having all that money tied up in something they aren't using and then it will start coming out of the basements and closets to be had for real gun people.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

One would like to think all this stuff is going to come out of the closet but we have seen precious little come out of anything but estates... yes, only from their cold dead hands.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson