Sign o' the times, Brownells shipping

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Sign o' the times, Brownells shipping

Post by wecsoger »

And in no way is this meant to be a slam on Brownells (blessed be their name)

I've been ordering from them, personal and piddly little gunsmithing jobs since beginning of the '90's. As far back in memory, once we got this fancified email, I always remember I would place an order, I'd get shipping notification the next business day. Order one evening, hear that it shipped that next day. Order over the weekend, get notification on Monday some time or another.

Last week before, I placed an order on Friday. *One week* later, this last Friday I got shipping notification. Seven days. I have never seen this with them.

All this for several MTM cartridge boxes so I can sort and store my brass.

So I'm sure the boys out in Iowa are busting their butts with this last round of craziness. Hope they're making plenty of money in overtime. I can't imagine what their shipping and receiving department looks like right now. And I'm sure UPS is probably not even bothering with the panel trucks, they're bringing in a semi trailer straight to their loading dock.

So now I've got about a thousand and a half of.38 and .357 brass, sorted, partially segregated and boxed up. Much more neater than old rusty coffee cans. Since weather is still going to be crappy for another month at least, there will be reloading going on.
1894c

Re: Sign o' the times, Brownells shipping

Post by 1894c »

i always found that sorting brass can be a honorable endeavor, although others might not think so...something to be said about not allowing Federal or Winchester to co-habitat with Remington...had the same experience with Brownell's--their busy... :)
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I went by Grafs last weekend to pick up some black powder. They have a retail store connected to the mail (internet) order warehouse, but black powder has to be picked up at the warehouse. I suspect the retail store would be required to have another expensive license to sell it there too. Anyway, as I waited for my order to be brought out I overheard some of the ladies in the office talking, err, arguing, about how the orders from the end of December had to get out! It was obvious they were totally slammed. Midway was running full throttle as well last time I was there a couple weeks ago. I hope they all are making a killing.
NRA Life Member
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I ordered a VX-3 from Sportsman's Guide last Saturday. Got a note on Monday that said it had shipped, Standard ground expeect 7-8 days.

Got it Wednesday.

No complaints here.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
FatJackDurham
Senior Levergunner

Post by FatJackDurham »

I think it must be related to the USPS changes last year that were designed to delay first class mail for up to a week. They didn't come out and say it, but due to the debts they run, it came to their notice that first class post and parcels were making it to their destinations in about three days, so no one was buying priority mail. So, they restructured it all to make sure first class mail takes longer to get there.

I find a lot of my midway packages are UPS to the post office, then USPS for the last mile, so that takes 7 days.

Now, if I want to double the cost of my order, I can pay for express delivery, but why? i am in no hurry.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I ordered a coupla springs from Wolff - the kind
lady who took my request said they're two weeks behind
in shipping their orders.

Glad to see their business is good.

-Stretch
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I store most of my brass in gallon zip lock bags.
I size and clean right after I shoot so they are ready to go when I get the urge to load.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

I sent them a letter about this very topic. It took two weeks to send me a shippment. But they appologized and waived the shipping fee.

They told me they are just simply crazy busy! No excuse, but they had no way to plan for such an increase in business in such a short time.

Still a great company to do business with.
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You may have seen this "Rant about Brownell's Shipping" on another thread, but it gives a more light-hearted take on the issue. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... HMZZdSjCg#
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Ordered from Grafs on 1-4-13 received 1-30-13 longest delivery time in 5 yrs of doing business with them.