GAT Guns, West Dundee, Il

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

GAT Guns, West Dundee, Il

Post by rbertalotto »

I'm in Chicago area on business. Went to Cabelas. Very few used guns available. Two months ago I was there and they had 8-10 racks of used rifles. Now only 4 and not completely filled.

Then I went to GAT Guns in West Dundee..............Holy "Blank" Batman! What a selection of firearms. And they are building a looks to be 100yd indoor rifle range! Beautiful building. Has to be 15,000 sq ft of gun related stuff. Well worth the visit!

Lots of Cowboy Action firearms...........
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Re: GAT Guns, West Dundee, Il

Post by Mac in Mo »

A place like that does not come to mind when someone mentions "Chicago". Maybe they are hoping to generate some business when Illinois becomes a CCW state soon?

Kevin
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Mac in Mo wrote:A place like that does not come to mind when someone mentions "Chicago". Maybe they are hoping to generate some business when Illinois becomes a CCW state soon?

Kevin
Yeah, like I'm gonna hold my breath for that. :x

If I ever get up north I'll stop at Gat Guns. Hear about them, but never been there.
I also try to stay as far away from Chicago as I can.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

I was hoping some MO member was lucky enough to get a real gattlin gun
Dawg
Levergunner

Post by Dawg »

J Miller wrote:
Mac in Mo wrote:A place like that does not come to mind when someone mentions "Chicago". Maybe they are hoping to generate some business when Illinois becomes a CCW state soon?

Kevin
Yeah, like I'm gonna hold my breath for that. :x

If I ever get up north I'll stop at Gat Guns. Hear about them, but never been there.
I also try to stay as far away from Chicago as I can.

Joe
http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.as ... ss=&Sessio
Dawg
Levergunner

Post by Dawg »

rbertalotto wrote:I'm in Chicago area on business. Went to Cabelas. Very few used guns available. Two months ago I was there and they had 8-10 racks of used rifles. Now only 4 and not completely filled.

Then I went to GAT Guns in West Dundee..............Holy "Blank" Batman! What a selection of firearms. And they are building a looks to be 100yd indoor rifle range! Beautiful building. Has to be 15,000 sq ft of gun related stuff. Well worth the visit!

Lots of Cowboy Action firearms...........
I am local to GAT's and first lets point out once again, that it is not in Chicago. Second, if you think they have a selection now, you should have seen it before the Sandy Hook shooting. Its cleaned out. The indoor ranges they are building the addition for are 50 yard and 75 yard positions. We have another state of the art facility up the road a piece in Crystal Lake. A place called "On Target" they have indoor 50 yard positions, and the ventilation is truly state of the art. Smells wonderful.

Things are really scarce around here these days.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

This post has brought back memories! I used to frequent GAT when I lived in the suburban Chicago area, almost 20 years ago. I think I still have a can of black powder with a GAT sticker on it. I'm glad the place is apparently thriving.