OT-Nebraska State Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT-Nebraska State Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters

Post by J Miller »

Ummmmm, I got this off my ISP's front page. Is it me, or is there something a bit ... off kilter here.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297121,00.html

Nebraska State Senator Sues God Over Natural Disasters

Monday , September 17, 2007

Nebraska Democratic State Senator Ernie Chambers has decided to go straight to the top in an effort to stop natural disasters from befalling the world.

Chambers filed a lawsuit against God in Douglas County Court Friday afternoon, KPTM Fox 42 reported.

The suit asks for a "permanent injunction ordering Defendant to cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic threats."

The lawsuit identifies the plaintiff as, "the duly elected and serving State Senator from the 11th Legislative District in Omaha, Nebraska."

Chambers also cites that the, "defendant directly and proximately has caused, inter alia, fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornados, pestilential plagues..."

Chambers says he isn't suing God because he has any kind of beef with the deity. He says the suit is to fight possible laws restricting the filing of frivolous lawsuits. Chambers tells KPTM FOX 42 News that his lawsuit is in response to bills brought forth by other state senators to try and stop lawsuits from being filed.

"The Constitution requires that the courthouse doors be open, so you cannot prohibit the filing of suits," Chambers says. "Anyone can sue anyone they choose, even God."

Chambers bases his ability to sue God, as, "that defendant, being omnipresent, is personally present in Douglas County."
backtobethel
Levergunner

Post by backtobethel »

Not off kilter if you were from Nebraska. We Nebraskans have, unfortunately, come to expect such cries for attention from Chambers. He has been doing it for over 30 years as a state senator. Term limits are about to put an end to his LIFE in public service (and as a huge pain in the a** to public policy progress in Nebraska).
-----------------------
Give me land, lots of land, under starry skys above. Don't fence me in.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'd hate to be the one to have to serve those papers.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm thinking about seeing if Chambers can have Osama Deputised so HE can serve them... :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
copen
Levergunner

Post by copen »

Yep...And just when ya think things can't get any more ridiculous.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

OVER 30 years and he still gets into office???? The legal system in Nebraska is definately broke for even allowing someone to file such a rediculous lawsuit! Just think of the tax dollars at waste!
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

Maybe the defendant will pay him a visit and save the taxpayers a few bucks. :?
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

The legal system in Nebraska is definately broke for even allowing someone to file such a rediculous lawsuit! Just think of the tax dollars at waste!
I read the article from a different source and I think that's precisely his point. Frivolous lawsuits are a drain on the entire system and a severe pain in the butt.
Caco
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Caco »

Unbelievable :shock: He gets voted in repeatedly :shock: Maybe California has company :evil:
Dave
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I wonder why he expects humanity has earned anything better?
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

KirkD wrote:I wonder why he expects humanity has earned anything better?
Because Grace has nothing to do with "earned"... but then I'm geting into Pauline Theology...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Let Chambers serve the papers himself! I'm sure it will be a short visit - and very hot afterwards... :wink:
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Old Ironsights wrote:
KirkD wrote:I wonder why he expects humanity has earned anything better?
Because Grace has nothing to do with "earned"... but then I'm geting into Pauline Theology...
But even grace is not cheaply given.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

IF he's serious, he's barking up the wrong tree anyway, IMO. Now follow me on this, guys. Natural disasters are, in this age, just that.........NATURAL disasters, NOT acts of God. He SHOULD be suing Adam & maybe Eve, tho I put the responsability squarely on Adam's head. When God created the "weather", if you will, all was in balance. In other words, there were NO weather-related disasters. These events came about as a result of Adam's disobedience to God in the garden. In fact, ALL types of harm to everything on this earth,.......sin, (which is breaking God's laws), disease, various perversions...sexual & otherwise, etc, etc, etc, ALL stemmed from Adam's disobedience. Thank God Jesus came down here to iron things out, & when HE returns, HE will finish His plan. I don't claim to have all the answers, but this is what I think regarding this particular subject......We shouldn't be blaming God......He's innocent by virtue of the fact that He is God. Unfortunately, we're too quick to look elsewhere for blame for the wrong done, rather than ourselves, where the responsability really lies. Just my 2 cents. Thanx for hearing me out, jd45
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jd45 wrote:IF he's serious, he's barking up the wrong tree anyway, IMO. Now follow me on this, guys. Natural disasters are, in this age, just that.........NATURAL disasters, NOT acts of God. He SHOULD be suing Adam & maybe Eve, tho I put the responsability squarely on Adam's head. When God created the "weather", if you will, all was in balance. In other words, there were NO weather-related disasters. These events came about as a result of Adam's disobedience to God in the garden. In fact, ALL types of harm to everything on this earth,.......sin, (which is breaking God's laws), disease, various perversions...sexual & otherwise, etc, etc, etc, ALL stemmed from Adam's disobedience. Thank God Jesus came down here to iron things out, & when HE returns, HE will finish His plan. I don't claim to have all the answers, but this is what I think regarding this particular subject......We shouldn't be blaming God......He's innocent by virtue of the fact that He is God. Unfortunately, we're too quick to look elsewhere for blame for the wrong done, rather than ourselves, where the responsability really lies. Just my 2 cents. Thanx for hearing me out, jd45
Works for me! Good thinking jd45!!!