FS: 1st Generation engraved Colt SAAs; Colt 1849 Pocket Navy

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

FS: 1st Generation engraved Colt SAAs; Colt 1849 Pocket Navy

Post by cubrock »

WTS the following revolvers (for a family friend who is in financial need). Two are antiques and can go to any individual who can legally receive antiques in their jurisdiction. The third (the .32-20) is C&R and must go to an 01 or 03 FFL. FTF deals near Hickory, NC preferred, but will ship. Please email me direct with questions or if you would like to buy one or more of them. Thanks for looking!

steve@groundwaterresourcespllc.com

1. SOLD PF Colt 1849 Pocket Navy revolver. .31 Caliber percussion. Gun has the more uncommon London barrel address. Gun is between NRA antique Fair and Good condition. Very good bore with strong rifling. Chambers are mostly clean, but this is a gun you won't be firing anyway. Three digit SN of 697. Barrel, frame, and gripstrap match. Barrel wedge appears to be matching, but the "7" looks like it could be a "1", so I can't be positive. Cylinder is mismatched, but is a 3-digit London cylinder with British proofs. The cylinder shows its stagecoach hold-up engraved scene very well, which is a big plus for this gun. One-piece walnut stocks. This model was very popular during the Civil War and was used by both sides, mostly as a private sidearm. $900 FTF or plus shipping. Antique, so can go to MOST any legal adult. Some jurisdictions prohibit non-FFLS receiving this, so know your local laws.

2. 1st Generation Colt Single Action Army. .45 Colt. SN 79007 (1882 mfg). Matching frame and both portions of the grip frame. Non-matching cylinder. Has bullseye ejector rod. Missing the base pin screw. Non factory nickel finish with non factory engraving covering most of the gun. Engraver's intials "B J" stamped into right side of frame where the ejector rod housing attahes. Excellent bore. Good, useable chambers. Gun has good timing, but the lock-up is looser than I would like. I think a lot of this is due to the missing base pin screw allowing more movement on the base pin than it should. Nickel finish is in good shape with some wear and freckling. Overall, a very nice looking piece that could be restored to shooting shape with some TLC. $2100 FTF or plus shipping. Again, this is an antique.

3. 1st Generation Single Action Army. .32-20. SN 306597 (mfg 1908). Matching frame and both parts of grip frame. Cylinder is not matching to the gun. Genuine mother-of-pearl stocks that fit pretty well. They have one very small chip in the front top corner of the left panel. The left panel also has a natural swale in the back of it that shows itself slightly along the backsstrap. Still, a very nice, very expensive set of custom stocks. Beautiful blue and color case finish with gold accented cylinder and ejector assembly. Cylinder and ejector rod housing are tastefully engraved. Times well. Has good lock-up with some sideplay and a bit of endshake (easy to fix with a new bushing). Bore has strong rifling with light to moderate pitting. The cylinder faces have some pitting under the gold plating, but this is a very nice looking gun. Great fancy shooter or barbecue rig. $2,000 FTF or plus shipping.

Last edited by cubrock on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BTT...

Man those are great looking. I am in a sorry lack of funds situation with some medical bills for the wife...

Guys, I've purchased from cubrock before, and he is great. Don't let this one go by!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I will also say that Steve is a good fella with whom to deal based on personal experience.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

cubrock,

Perhaps I should keep my mouth shut, but these guns intrigue me.
I'm not trying to, nor intending to demean them or the seller so don't assume that.

What intrigues me is all three of these guns has matching numbers except the cylinders.

The nickeled and engraved 7.5" gun had the cylinder swapped before the engraving,

But the 32-20 was a waste. That little Colt was ruined by whoever swapped the cylinder and ejector rod assembly.

Like I said, they intrigue me.

Joe
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

I don't know much about the guns. I am selling these for a friend of the family whose husband just died. He had other guns that were all original, so whether he did the customizing or bought them as they are, I can't say.

I forgot to mention (and appreciate the emailer who pointed it out) that the screw above the barrel wedge on the 1849 Pocket has part of the head broken off.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. All comments and questions are welcome. You won't offend me. :D
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Both SAAs off to auction. Thanks!