Auction Alert - The Best 1894 Ever

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Auction Alert - The Best 1894 Ever

Post by 71fan »

Well, I've been holding back on my posts waiting and hoping, but what the heck? It's driving me crazy. So I'll join in....

I saw this auction on Auction Arms today. This is very much worth looking at. It is THE NICEST vintage 1894 I've ever seen ANYWHERE :shock:

Granted, I'm only 33, but I have seen a few rifles in my lifetime.

Not only is it the nicest rifle I've seen, but it is in what I consider to be THE dream configuration for an 1894, right down to the caliber.

Get a rag for the drool and take a look:
http://www.auctionarms.com/Search/Displ ... um=7936056

To bad no box and papers :roll:

So, does anyone want to donate to the "71fan Dream Gun Fund"? :D
Chad
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

That IS a nice looking rifle!
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

That is a beaut!
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

That is a real feast for the eyes, alright! There's just one serious problem with the rifle .... it's not in .38-55! :shock:
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

KirkD wrote:That is a real feast for the eyes, alright! There's just one serious problem with the rifle .... it's not in .38-55! :shock:
You could always rebore... :wink:
Chad
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

KirkD wrote:That is a real feast for the eyes, alright! There's just one serious problem with the rifle .... it's not in .38-55! :shock:
AMEN to that, Kirk! If it had been a .38-55, I would be dead in the middle of the action. IMO, the gun is already gone WAY above it's actual value. The "bidder" has difficulty with spelling, too. Is he "Smiling Jack", or "Swilling Jack"?

D'ya think that the buyer has another motive? Maybe he's the guy that overpaid for the deluxe .38-55 front end that was on flea-Bay a while back. Hmmm.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

It's a nice rifle in nice shape. But more importantly;

It's well cleaned. (dust free)
Well lit.
And well photographed.

That's what will sell this rifle.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

Add a full length magazine, a full octagon barrel, and set triggers and reduce the percent by about 10 and you would have what we had in the shop about six weeks ago. They wouldn't let me around it without a towel stuffed in my mouth to soak up the slobbers :lol: