POLITICS - Anti-gun CA Senator Dianne Feinstein At It Again!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

POLITICS - Anti-gun CA Senator Dianne Feinstein At It Again!

Post by don Tomás »

Don't these people (our idiot senators, not GOA) ever get tired??? :x :x :x
From GOA website:

http://www.gunowners.org/a091707.htm

Tom

======================================

Anti-gun California Senator Dianne Feinstein Is At It Again!
Gun Owners of America
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102
Springfield, VA 22151
(703)321-8585

Monday, September 17, 2007

You may recall that in recent years, GOA has enlisted your aid in fighting so-called "gang" legislation, which typically includes attempts to apply federal RICO anti-racketeering statutes to minor gun infractions -- thus harassing and prosecuting otherwise law-abiding gun owners as though they were Mafia bosses.

Well, Feinstein's S. 456 is the latest vehicle for such underhandedness.

At issue is section 215 of the bill. In essence, your family, gun shop employees, or even church bowling league would be considered an organized "gang" and subjected to draconian prison sentences if you did any of a number of things, such as:

* having a gun (loaded OR unloaded) in your glovebox as you -- inevitably -- drive within 1,000 feet of a school, even if you didn't know the school was there;

* selling a gun out of your store while being entrapped in a Bloomberg-style "sting" operation;

* teaching your son to shoot without giving him a written letter of permission (which must be on his actual person), even if you are standing right behind him at the range the whole time; or,

* simply being one the 83,000 veterans whose names were illegally added to the Brady system by President Clinton (or, presumably, one of the thousands more who will be on the list if the current Veterans Disarmament bill passes), if you continued to possess a firearm.

Now, there's a lot of legal verbiage in S. 456, which is quite large as bills go. Feinstein and her anti-gun cronies will counter that the situations listed above aren't enough -- you also have to commit a crime of violence while engaging in them.

Oh yeah? Consider how many people defending themselves from carjackers or their businesses from hold-ups are indicted by anti-gun prosecutors merely for exercising their right to self-defense. And what judge is going to say that the "gun crimes" in those instances aren't crimes of violence?

Further, any anti-gun prosecutor could simply state that family members or gun shop employees are "co-conspirators" or are "aiding and abetting" actual criminals using guns.

And of course, we have had plenty of warning of what happens when prosecutorial powers are enormously expanded. Take the original RICO Act itself, for example. We were told that it was needed to shut down the Mafia -- a tool to be used in the fight against organized crime. But in the years since its passage, the RICO Act has become the overzealous prosecutor's version of going nuclear... wrapping everything up in one big package of conspiracy charges and twenty years to life prison terms.

It just isn't right that you, your spouse, and your two teenage boys could be treated like the Gambino family just because you brandished your firearm to scare away a carjacker... without firing a shot! And prison terms of 10, 20, or even all of your remaining years aren't right in such instances, either!

In short, section 215 of S. 456 is unacceptable. It must be deleted, period. To our knowledge, the entire Second Amendment community -- spearheaded by GOA and the NRA -- is adamantly opposed to Feinstein's scheme.

It should be noted that there is lots of talk on Capitol Hill about how to "handle" the problems of S. 456 with a minimum of fuss. The most likely scenario is that there would only be two amendments allowed -- one Republican and one Democratic. Once that is done, the Senate would immediately proceed to a vote on the bill... which may or may not be a recorded vote. Gun owners should bear in mind that, regardless of which politician is saying otherwise, there is NO GUARANTEE that the Republican amendment would even attempt to totally strike section 215. The amendment might not help matters that much, and might not pass anyway.

So this attempt to placate gun owners with a "roll of the dice" amendment vote is nothing more than the usual smoke-and-mirrors designed to give politicians cover from the wrath of a known activist constituency.

GOA doesn't believe in gambling with your rights. Our position is firm and unalterable: section 215 must go away, now. The time to kill a snake is before it strikes. And this snake could strike at any time; a vote on final passage could occur as early as this week.

So here's what you can do to help kill the snake. Any individual senator can place a "hold" on a particular piece of legislation until his or her concerns are addressed; if the Leadership ignores those objections, it becomes extremely difficult to move the legislation forward. The "hold" is a legislative tactic that we have used to great advantage in the past. We need at least one Senator to take that step and place a hold on S. 456.

ACTION:

Please contact your Senators right away and ask them to place a "hold" on S. 456 until such time as section 215 is deleted from the bill. You can use the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center to send your Senators a pre-written message by e-mail requesting they do so.

SPECIAL NOTE TO ACTIVISTS IN KANSAS, LOUISIANA, OKLAHOMA, AND SOUTH CAROLINA:

GOA has determined that the most likely senators to agree to place a hold on S. 456 are Sens. Jim DeMint (SC), David Vitter (LA), Tom Coburn (OK), and Sam Brownback (KS). PLEASE... activists in those states, be sure respond to this alert and send your messages. Also, it would be very helpful if you could contact any other pro-gun people in your state and convince them to take action as well.
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
DavidS
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DavidS »

Another reason to vote Republican this November!!!!!! :evil:
David S
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

DavidS wrote:Another reason to vote Republican this November!!!!!! :evil:

Just a sample of what we have to look forward to if Hillary or Osama get elected.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Not to worry, that one will die in committee.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Tag. I'll read the bill and call Coburn (as well as anyone else I think will listen).
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

BruceB wrote:
DavidS wrote:Another reason to vote Republican this November!!!!!! :evil:

Just a sample of what we have to look forward to if Hillary or Osama get elected.
Ditto - big time!!!
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

I would contact my Senators but...... they happen to be Boxer and Feinstein :evil: :evil: :evil: . I keep voting for the other guy but these two just wont go away.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Jeremy, it does NO GOOD to contact either of them. Any sort of "anti agenda" mail is quickly trashed. I have contacted both several time, both by hand written letters and e-mail, with only form letter responses.

Feinstein and Boxer have a grip on their respective districts worse than a strangler fig. They have dug in and pandered to the unwashed masses of the inner cities.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Tell me about it I have been dealling with these two idiots for forever. :evil:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Eric M.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Eric M. »

The anti gun democrats, in order to get control of Congress, ran a bunch of pro-gun Democrats to get elected, such as Jim Webb.
Even Gen. Wes Clark is Pro-Second Amendment. He is a big gun collector.
I don't think that the Antis will get anything like this thing through any time soon. [I Hope :evil: ]

Eric
God Bless Our Troops!!!
phlatnose
Levergunner 1.0

Post by phlatnose »

The likes of Fineswine will never get tired. Why should they. They get a regualar salary, benefits, pension, and long holidays.
Feinswine isnt at it again........she's never stopped.

Find out more
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianne_Feinstein

and to qoute her statement on firearms,
February 5, 1995, "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren't here."
Last edited by phlatnose on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Isn't Diane Feinstine the anti who also has a concealed carry liscence?

I think I read that somewhere lately....

Freakin' hypocrits :evil:

Jeeps
phlatnose
Levergunner 1.0

Post by phlatnose »

She got her CCW permit in 1976 after her house was shot up. The permit has expired. She had the gun melted down, and it was handed to pope john paul.
Yes she is a hippycrit.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

phlatnose wrote:She got her CCW permit in 1976 after her house was shot up. The permit has expired. She had the gun melted down, and it was handed to pope john paul.
Yes she is a hippycrit.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Not to mention that her hubby, Dick Blum, is an multi-millionaire international businessman who is in bed with the Chinese. Their marriage alone is a HUGE conflict of interest for Ms. Feensteen. I can't believe that she has not been called on it. :?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mike D. wrote:Not to mention that her hubby, Dick Blum, is an multi-millionaire international businessman who is in bed with the Chinese. Their marriage alone is a HUGE conflict of interest for Ms. Feensteen. I can't believe that she has not been called on it. :?
Uhh... the rules only apply to conservatives. You can always count on the MSM to ignore any ethical issues when it's the Dim-wit-o-crats having the problems!!!