Chico Gun Show canceled

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Chico Gun Show canceled

Post by pwl44m »

Thot I would give a heads up to the Locals here that might go to the Chico show. I got a call from the promoter tonite saying that it was postponed till Dec. 15 & 16. Seems that Cal Fire has taken over the Fairgrounds.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: Chico Gun Show canceled

Post by Mike D. »

Staging area for fighting the Chips and Reading fires near Almanor.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Thanks for the heads up, Perry. I usually try to make the Chico show.

These lightning-caused fires are making the air so smokey I've had a slight sore throat from breathing it. A fine ash is falling from the sky almost every day. Thousands of acres of timber have burnt, and over 50 homes have been lost to the Ponderosa Fire in the Manton and Shingletown area just east of here. The huge Reading Fire in Lassen Park is causing smokey conditions and ash fallout at the Hat Creek rifle & Pistol Club where I shoot on weekends. The sheriff has declared a state of emergency for Shasta County.

Another huge fire (the Rush Fire) has burned about 300,000 acres, nearly the entire X5b deer hunting zone in Lassen County north of Susanville. This is the premier Mule Deer zone in California for which I was so thrilled to have actually gotten drawn for last June. It's not looking so "premier" anymore. I may have a tough time finding an area suitable to hunt in that zone. BLM has shut down all the roads and campgrounds.

Whoops, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, Perry. This fire business just got me going...

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Hey that is OK Shasta. It is info unknown to Most and to keep abreast of the situation for the Forum.
Perry
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Yeah thanks for the heads-up. Was planning to check it out while visiting the family.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Hey, Shasta, I used to live in Susanville and still have relatives there, as well as in Westwood area. Used to shoot some silhouette at Hat Creek 30 years or so ago. Can you give us some details on the locations of these fires? Thanks
Shasta
Senior Levergunner

Post by Shasta »

Here is a link that will show current fire activity:

http://wv.enplan.com/

SHASTA

Shasta
Senior Levergunner

Post by Shasta »

Here are a couple pictures I took after the Black Powder Cartridge Rifle match held 8-18-12 at Hat Creek Rifle & Pistol Club just east of Burney, CA. Smoke is so thick you can look directly at the sun, which appears as a dull orange ball in the sky:

SHASTA

Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

It would be judicious on your part to wear a mask when outside, Tim. My lung cancer is most likely in part due to my long exposure to smoke and fires after many restorations of power lines while the areas were still hot. We were often side by side with fire fighters as transmission lines had to be the first up. Helicopters would stir up so much debris that we would have to toss our goggles aside just to be able to signal the ship. Too late for me, even though I did wear a respirator on the last ones in the LA area and south of San Diego. Prior to that we were too macho to bother with all but minimal protection such as a bandanna.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I was at My place in Bangor all afternoon, it was very smoky to the North and there was a faint smell of smoke in the air.They had a fire arond Bullards Bar yesterday afternoon but they got on it quick and put it out.It is very dry in them thar hills and it don't take mush to start a fire.
Perry
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

We had one up here, Perry, that some simpleton started with fireworks. Most wildfires that aren't naturally caused are started by bonehead humanoids.