New Ammo on Hogs - Graphic Photo Warning

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike Rintoul
Levergunner 2.0

New Ammo on Hogs - Graphic Photo Warning

Post by Mike Rintoul »

I've been working on some new handgun ammo. Not levergun compatible but should be of interest to those here anyway. This is a hog we shot with the new 9 mm 90 grain @ 2200 fps. The bullet is essentially a Gold Dot and the pistol is a custom Glock 35. 12.5" penetration after striking a hog directly on the forehead at 25 yards. We cut the skin from the spine around the shoulder and peeled it back to reveal the damage. I've got a 124 gr @ 1850 fps that penetrates 18" but does not create the visual damage of the 90 grainer. The 124 gr will penetrate a 1/4" steel plate too!

Mike Rintoul
Owner
Grizzly Cartridge Ammunition Company
www.grizzlycartridge.com
Cast Performance Bullet Company
Rainier, Oregon
(503) 556-3006
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Re: New Ammo on Hogs - Graphic Photo Warning

Post by RKrodle »

HOLY COW MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!! That is step'n and fitch'n speeds right there. That makes me almost want to go buy a 9mm now, almost.
Ricky

DWWC
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

Looks like a good load Mike
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Can I safely pop that load out of my Colt Commander 9mm? I'll bet the old Camp Carbine would produce higher velocity. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Wow!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mike ,

Is that barrel length 6" ?
How the heck is 2200fps or 1850fps acheived in that round(case size etc. and can it be used in any solid newer quality hand gun?)

How bout a 40S&W coming out in future?
Mike Rintoul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike Rintoul »

Eventually this will be the new 357 Kaufman cartridge (a 9mm that is .008 longer cartridge). The barrel and spring will be drop in accessories for Glock, SW, 1911 style, etc with a 5" new barrel. The problem with standard 9mm is that this will go through a flack jacket so it will run into problems with ATF if commercially available so any and all 9mm chambered pistols. More info as we finalize experimenting and licensing ...
Mike Rintoul
Owner
www.grizzlycartridge.com
Rainier, Oregon
(503) 556-3006
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Kinda sounds like the .38 Super to me. :|
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Mike Rintoul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mike Rintoul »

I'm not willing to reveal the new technology due to patents pending, etc but this will turn the industry upside down. Basically, any straight-walled case will operate within specified pressures but the velocity will increase substantially. I'm not sure how it will go with pistol cartridges due to regulations but it will set new capabilities for leverguns. Imagine your 444 Marlin throwing a 300 grain bullet at 2450 fps from your same ol' rifle, your 45-70 throwing a 450 grain bullet at 2350 fps or a 300 grain bullet at 2600 fps from your same ol' rifle. We'll have to see what BATFE says about the handgun cartridges but 357 mag can throw a 180 grain bullet at 2200 fps or a 200 grain bullet at 2000 fps. For starters, and to stay under the radar by using exceptions to our advantage the initial cartridges for this year will be Kaufman branded and usable with a replacement barrel and spring. But - big things are coming for your leverguns and Gov't permitting for your revolvers and pistols too! I am doing this NOW but I foresee about 12-14 months before I can bring it to the market for your enjoyment.
Mike Rintoul
Owner
www.grizzlycartridge.com
Rainier, Oregon
(503) 556-3006
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

This is outstanding Mike, I really look forward to trying some of this ammo on hogs. Keep up the good work!!!!!
Ricky

DWWC
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Thank you Mike. I've enjoyed your other loads and look forward to these. Good luck with the feds.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Mike,
Thank you for all you do.(this new stuff you are working on is mind boggling) :mrgreen:
Course you already had me at that point after buying/trying your Extreme ammo! :wink:
(So, just let me know when I can buy some of your new upcoming treasure)-----------------------and I am there friend!

Thanks!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Mike,
More congratulations on your creative ammunition. :shock:

Your post has opened more new possibilities as you will soon hear from a lot of folks on this forum. For instance, if the pressures remain in line with the 450 grain .45-70 ammo, you could turn some of the leverguns into very effective African dangerous game rifles; for instance the Chiappa 1886 Kodiak: http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/2083 . My 1886 .45-90 with your 450 grain Kodiak load load of 2150 fps could be even more deadly on DG with your new loads(if I can take more recoil :oops: ).

This should also apply to the Sabatti .45-70 double rifle available new from Cabelas for $3,000; that could turn the double rifle market upside down and make DG doubles practical to even entry level professional hunters. http://www.cabelas.com/gun-library-saba ... fles.shtml

Keep up the good work!
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

WOW!!

That is very cool.
I'm placing an order with you company soon for some 38 Spl CCW ammo for my LCR and 9mm CCW ammo.

Thanks for all you do for shooting.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Mike, a load for the .30 Carbine would also be appreciated by many I think. Now if you can somehow do this and keep port pressure for the old M1 at the proper level you'd REALLY have something for the .30 Carbine and sell a ton of it I think!! But even so, there are great many .30 Carbine Ruger single actions and TC single shot pistols out there.

The other round that could use some serious "Superformance" help (or whatever technology you are using") is the .300 AAC.

To the fellow who suggested the Camp Carbine, I think there's going to be an issue with mass-delayed (unlocked breach) blowback semi autos and this ammo, but I've no idea what technology is afoot here - I'm simply going from the "more energy out the hole in front means more energy acting on the bolt to the rear" theory.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Holy Smokes! Graphic indeed! Wow, does that look like it will do the trick - and then some!!! :shock: