"Shooting Advice from Concealed-Carry Instructors"

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Shooting Advice from Concealed-Carry Instructors"

Post by Old No7 »

Yet another e-mail from the local gun club...

Tight groups! :wink:

Old No7

Shooting Advice from Concealed-Carry Instructors

* Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

* It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

* Cops carry guns to protect themselves – not you.

* Never let someone or something that threatens you, get inside an arms length away.

* Never say “I’ve got a gun.” If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off…

* The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 is over 1,200 feet per second.

* The most important rule in a gunfight is: “Always win” – cheat if necessary.

* Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets…You may get killed with your own gun, but he’ll have to beat you to death with it – 'cause it’ll be empty...

* If you’re in a gun fight:
. . . - If you’re not shooting, you should be reloading.
. . . - If you’re not reloading, you should be moving.
. . . - If you’re not shooting, moving or reloading, you’re probably dead.

* In a life or death situation, do something… It may be wrong, but do Something!

* You can say “Stop” or “Alto” or any other word, but a large-bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much a universal language.

* You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

:D
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "Shooting Advice from Concealed-Carry Instructors"

Post by TedH »

Yup! 8)
NRA Life Member
1894c

Post by 1894c »

never ever show up to a gun fight with a knife... :)

--any gun is better than the big heavy 1911 or .357Mag you left in your car.

--always carry a reload.

--a pocket gun's sole purpose is to give you the opportunity for a tactical retreat.

--use the same brand of ammo and caliber (if you can) that your local LEO's uses...it's very hard for a "predatory" DA to accuse you of using a "hyper-velocity over-penetrating man-killer" if it's the same ammo that the local LE uses...
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Negatory, 336bl. I have carried a big 'ol Colt Combat Commander .45 for over 40 yrs and see no reason to go lighter. What do a few ounces amount to when the chips are down, heaven forbid?
What really counts is knowing your gun and feeling comfortable with it. The weapon is carried cocked and locked with the safety engaged. It is only a matter of drawing the arm and flipping off the safety as as you do so.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

I was taught to (if you have the opportunity) to shout in a loud voice "STOP, I have a gun and will use it. STOP" or any words to same affect.

Seems lawyers, (got to love them don't you?) have argued that had the assailant known you were armed with a gun, he would have not proceeded with the attack, therefore, not informing him, you used too much force. Also, the loud voice may be heard by witnesses, that he was given opportunity to stop but failed to do so.

But that is just one situation out of a thousand possibles, but were instructed to do so if it was possible.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

336bl wrote:--use the same brand of ammo and caliber (if you can) that your local LEO's uses...it's very hard for a "predatory" DA to accuse you of using a "hyper-velocity over-penetrating man-killer" if it's the same ammo that the local LE uses...
Negatory. If you're worried about happens after the shooting, you'll lose. WIN, then worry about the aftermath. If you were "in the right"... before the shooting started, you'll still be "in the right" after it's done. Besides... "hyper-velocity, over-penetrating man-killer" is NOT the ammo you want to use for OTHER reasons.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn’t do it.” – William Burroughs

Criminals prefer unarmed victims and dictators prefer unarmed citizens.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

An unarmed citizen is a subject.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

IMO, it's not what you shoot, or what you say, it's making sure the BG is dead, and never say a word until your lawyer says it for you. Not. One. Word.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I remember Gordon Liddy saying make sure the BG is dead so there's only one story
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Gary
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gary »

Some of these are old buy I still enjoy them...

“First well placed shot wins."

DEMOCRACY is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch.
LIBERTY is a well-armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote.

Ted Kennedy's driver's license has killed more people than all of my guns.

Gun laws do not keep criminals from using guns to kill innocent people. They do prevent self-defense.

:mrgreen: