Google Chrome

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Google Chrome

Post by El Chivo »

I am really liking this browser. Nice simple layout and bookmarks are easy to organize.

Hated Firefox and IE has been inconsistent.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Google Chrome

Post by FWiedner »

Tried it.

Didn't like it.

To each his own.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Firefox got too bloated & slow, so I switched.
I'm using Chromium rather than Google Chrome.
Chromium is what Google started with & then added a bunch of tracking features that I don't like.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Chrome is fast and works well. Good integration with Gmail. Updates itself without the user having to keep after it. If you have a Google sign in (Gmail address etc.) and you install Chrome on another machine, all of your favorites pop right up so that it "migrates" with you from machine to machine. In fact, you can carry Chrome with you on a thumb drive and run it on other machines you are visiting if you wish so that you have your favs right at hand. Chrome can be set up to rob the least of your screen and maximize the reading window part that you actually use. And it's the only browser other than Safari that works properly on the new Macbook Pro with Retina screen.

Opera is another great web browser, but it crumps on some web pages or web sites from time to time. Chrome does not. Also, the money and power behind Chrome as a Google product keeps it constantly at the front of the "browser wars" with regards to speed and rendering efficiency.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I thought the Safari on my new I-Mac sucked, so I downloaded Chrome. I'm super happy. Better than the IE-8 on my old machine. Way better/much faster than the Safari I had.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Firefox is the fastest and most trouble free. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Google is light and fast because it doesn't support Java.

Some bill-paying sites and USPS postage printing need Java and will not run on Google, so you still may need another browser in reserve.
But for everything else, Chrome is the bomb. Neatest thing about it is how you can reopen a closed tab and all scroll through all your browsing history like nothing ever happened. No other browser does this.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

bulldog1935 wrote:Google is light and fast because it doesn't support Java.

Some bill-paying sites and USPS postage printing need Java and will not run on Google, so you still may need another browser in reserve.
But for everything else, Chrome is the bomb. Neatest thing about it is how you can reopen a closed tab and all scroll through all your browsing history like nothing ever happened. No other browser does this.
Might have been true at one time, but Mac, at least, has it's own version, and a JAVA plug-in, and I have noticed no problems so far with mine. Java actually looks better/more accurate on the Chrome than it did on Safari.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

BlaineG wrote:
bulldog1935 wrote:Google is light and fast because it doesn't support Java.

Might have been true at one time, but Mac, at least, has it's own version, and a JAVA plug-in, and I have noticed no problems so far with mine. Java actually looks better/more accurate on the Chrome than it did on Safari.
Indeed, Chrome comes with is own, built-in Java and does its own updates/security patches.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright