Shooting The BFR

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Shooting The BFR

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

Very much a fun and rather mild a kicker for a big bore. The Grizz T-Rex 525gr load did sting a tad. The Garrett 420 +P Hammerheads only kicked a bit more than my 405gr handloads (1700fps out of the CB), which is to say you could shoot them quite awhile before getting tired of them. I'm not shooting up to the potential of this weapon yet, and I suspect that open sights are not good for me anymore. I'll load up another 100 or so and try it with the Burris Speed Dot on old Mjolnir :D
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Definitely is a hammer alright. Need some action shots Blaine, like the one you posted I think shooting the S&W 500.
Old Law Dawg
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

kimwcook wrote:Definitely is a hammer alright. Need some action shots Blaine, like the one you posted I think shooting the S&W 500.
It was raining cats and dogs (Wetstern Wa....go figger :lol: ) or I would have had Grizz taking a short film clip and we would have run some thru the chrony. According to me, the 45-70 don't hurt as much from the BFR as they do from the GuideGun or CB :?
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

What can I say, you live on the "wet"stern side of the state and I live, well, on the right side. :D [/b]
Old Law Dawg
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

They are a hoot to shoot. And the looks you get at the range are priceless! Kinda wish I had kept mine, but someone gave it a good home. :D