First frost

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

First frost

Post by iceman »

Woke up early this morning and everything had a coat of frost outside. (I live in Lachute Quebec about 45 miles northwest of Montreal) Since partridge opened yesterday I just had to go for a walk. I grabbed my old Mossberg 12ga bolt and went for a walk. The field in front of my house has some of the corn cut but not all. As I came out of the standing corn and loaded my shotgun, I heard a snort and looked up to see a doe and her fawn bouncing away through the trees. Walked through the maples and through a small spruce swamp. Heard a few birds, but too many leaves to shoot, doesn't matter had a great walk through an area where my Dad and I spent many a great Saturday or Sunday. All in all a pretty good day.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wow, what a contrast with standing on a beach last night in Santa Barbara, Calif. watching a wedding. 8)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've seen about 35 deer in the last two days/evenings. I'm getting the fever. Yep, even saw a grouse/partridge 3 days ago!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

Had Frost here for the last two mornings.
Went small game hunting Saturday. Saw 12 deer and a sow and her cub in the first hour and a half. Felt small with only a 22 rimfire.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Frost? I can't remember what it looks like. It's been a long, hot summer in northern South Carolina. Finally had some rain Friday night - and the temperature didn't break 90 for the first time in over a month! Even dipped down into the high 50's Sunday night - it felt great!! :D
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

We had warnngs here in N. OH but didn't get anything. Good Old Lake Erie will keep us a little warmer for a few weeks.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
DavidS
Levergunner 1.0

Post by DavidS »

I can not wait until deer season this November in Northern NY. Here in NJ we have had lows in the upper 30's to mid 40's this past week. Nothing like the low temps.in the Adirondacks in mid November.
David S
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

in central florida
I put up a tree stand on sunday morning....
It was 85 and humid...
I was soaked in sweat by 7:15
please send us some frost! :D :D :D
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Well our weather got to looking like fall this week! Temps dropped into the 40's last night, and highs in the mid 70's.
Deer season starts the last weekend this month, and between buck, doe, and elk, I'll be doing a lot of hunting in October and early November.
I love this time of year!
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

The coastal season ends for us on Sunday and I'm gonna miss the last weekend for the first time in many years. The ranch will have hunters, but I won't be among them. My father's older sister died last weekend and the funeral is Saturday. I can't morally justify going huntin' instead of attending her services, despite all of our planning.

The bucks are starting to follow the does, so maybe one of the guys will get the big 5X4 that has eluded us for the past 2 years. Last weekend they accounted for 2 more nice 3X3s and couple pigs. I'll go down for pigs in a few weeks.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Yep....it got bit nippy Sat morning....

'Course this is from last November, but thats only a couple a months and a weeks away.
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

And, here I sit in SE Louisiana worrying about the possibility of another hurricane. Sheesh...

scott
:cry:
mad mucus
Levergunner 1.0

Post by mad mucus »

Evening all,

Spring is settling in here with Monday's temperature reaching 31C/90F'ish in Ipswich shire, Queensland, but still comfortably below 15C overnight. My preferred few cooler months are nearly over with tropical muggy times quickly approaching... comfort factor at the range is on the wane :(

Mucus
"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

It,s wonderfull to hear everybodies different weather in real time :)
We had our first frost in Brit too yesterday.
Man my M/L shot gun is making me itch like crazy- squirl and wood pigeon everywhere.
Had a canada goose last night against an unsettled stormy sky, just brill(won,t give excuses for the ones I missed). Not with my M/L mind but one day maybe.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

This thread is getting ME all worked up. And I don't even really hunt :shock: .

Who knows, this may be the year I take my first deer. Maybe not. Maybe? :?
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

First frost at camp Sunday morning in the Adirondacks 8)

It's getting to be that time of year :D

Phil
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Well dont know about frost but it rained here in So Cal this morning :shock: . And they are calling for more tomorrow. At this rate the county wont burn to the ground over the next couple weeks it might actualy get green here.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis