FS - Browning Model 71 rifle - reduced

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

FS - Browning Model 71 rifle - reduced

Post by cubrock »

REDUCED TO $870 SHIPPED IN LOWER 48

FS: Browning Model 71 rifle. Thought I'd like this after my near-miss of an original Deluxe Winchester 71 several months ago, but I think it is just too heavy for me to lug around in the woods. I bought it from the original owner who said he never fired it and there is no evidence of it having been fired. Comes with original box serialed to gun and with the manual. The box has seen better days and has a popped corner and one that is popping and is taped.

The gun is as nice as you could find. It does have a few very minor scratches in the metal and wood that are consistent with handling wear in a shop or even at the factory. I tried to get some pics of them, but they wouldn't all show. There is one in the picture of the right receiver and one in the picture of the left receiver (even harder to see).

$900 shipped in Lower 48 to FFL only. Would do better on a face to face deal in NC. Please email me direct if interested. Thanks for looking!

steve@groundwaterresourcespllc.com

Last edited by cubrock on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Well, it would make a nice match to my Browning 71 carbine, let me look in the bank and see what the wife, I mean banker says!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

cubrock -

You didn't happen to be at the Dixie Gun & Knife show in Charlotte this past weekend, did you? I swear I saw this rifle there - or it's clone!
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

Don't think I can do this deal for a while so BTT
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

By any chance are you thinning the gunsafe because a baby is on the way?

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Pharmseller is correct! My wife is pregnant. We were keeping it quiet at first just in case something happened, but she appears to have gotten through the higher risk portion. We are happy, to say the least! :D
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Ysabel Kid wrote:cubrock -

You didn't happen to be at the Dixie Gun & Knife show in Charlotte this past weekend, did you? I swear I saw this rifle there - or it's clone!

Yes, I was at the show. A friend of mine had the rifle for sale and I impulsively bought it after chewing on it all day and talking to him for about an hour about the merits of the .348 Winchester. When I got home and started comparing its weight to my Marlins, I just couldn't see myself lugging it around the woods. It is a more powerful gun than my Marlins, but I don't need a gun for anything bigger than deer (or maybe small black bear), hence, its appearance here.

Good eye! :D
Oz n bolivia
Levergunner

Post by Oz n bolivia »

Cubrock Congratulations on the baby.

Nice looking purchase, impulse buying can be fun, but sometimes bad timing.

Oz
Remaining a curious student throughout life renders one’s life interesting and progressive.
Robert Smyth
He stated that the way I feel.
Knowledge is all we do, see, touch, hear, read. What we do with that knowledge shows our wisdom.
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

Oz n bolivia wrote:Cubrock Congratulations on the baby.

Nice looking purchase, impulse buying can be fun, but sometimes bad timing.

Oz

Yeah - if I'd kept the gun, I would have had to sell something to pay for it. If I had the free cash right now, I'd just put it away in case I changed my mind. :D

Thanks for the congrats. We have three boys already. Any guesses on the gender for the new baby? :wink:
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

cub, what's up with the two screws in the close-up of the left rear view of the receiver.........I'm wondering if they'd secure a receiver sight..........anyway, the slots look buggered up. Just curious, jd45
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cubrock »

jd45 wrote:cub, what's up with the two screws in the close-up of the left rear view of the receiver.........I'm wondering if they'd secure a receiver sight..........anyway, the slots look buggered up. Just curious, jd45

I believe they are for a receiver sight. The screw on the right is just a bit dinged. The rest of what you see is just crud in the slots. I've looked at them under magnifcation with a small flashlight.
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Thanx cub, beautiful rifle.........wish I could be the one to help you out. jd45
cubrock
Levergunner 2.0

Re: FS: Browning Model 71 rifle - reduced

Post by cubrock »

BTT with price reduction.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Steve/cubrock -

Congrats on the baby coming! I'd love to snatch this one up, but my wife is in need of all kinds of small medical stuff, and the bills are piling up. She had her tonsils out earlier this year (thanks all for your prayers), needs new glasses/contacts (our insurance sucks in this department), a tooth fixed, and is having problems with her wrist. I teased her that when she turned 40 a couple years ago she started falling apart. Don't remember the next hour, but I did wake up with a knot on my head!

Anyway, I need to get her through all this and make sure we're squared away before my next gun purchase. Good luck.

Guys, I handled this one last weekend, and she's a beauty!!!
Tom Doniphon
Levergunner

Post by Tom Doniphon »

Email sent
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Tom Doniphon wrote:Email sent
Congrats Tom - hope you get it! As I said, this is a sweet gun. I have purchased from cubrock before, and he is straight-up. Have fun!!! :D