PRICE CHECK - Win 94

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
magyars
Levergunner 1.0

PRICE CHECK - Win 94

Post by magyars »

Took this Winchester 1894, 30-30 ( serial # 2223XXX ) to the gun show this weekend and 5 out of 6 of the Winchester pro's told me it is all original.
I would rate it at 98-99%...tried to down load a picture but my image is too large.
Prices varied from 500 to 1000.
Anybody have the current blue book?
Thanks in advance
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: can anyone tell me the value of a Win 94

Post by pwl44m »

Sounds like a typical pre 64 Win. Values seem right but I am wondering about the spread if They are using a Book. 98-99 % is purt near New. As a shooter Someone surely wouldn't pay $1000 but would jump on it at 500. I don' have My BB in front of Me so I don't know what it Currently lists them at with 98%.
not much help Huh.
Perry
P.S. did You get any offers ?
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

It dates to about 1956,is probably a carbine, and the most common caliber. In today's market $500 is pretty accurate, but it may vary a little by region.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well, when you really need one.... they're priceless :P

Seriously, depends on your local market - but $500-600 is reasonable I think for one that nice. You can get 80% ones for $400 or so.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Went out to My Gun Room, Blue Book says 1956 and 98% is $725. And yes it does depend on Your local Mkt. Look on GB but again "Not what They are asking but rather what they are selling for". Now if it were a 1922 in 98%, totally diff ball game.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

98-99% means " MINT, probably has sold previously at retail, and may have been shot occasionally" a firearm in this condition will show NO wear, NO dings, NO scratches, NO corrosion, NO sign of have been used. If you have one in that actual condition, it will be worth more than the $500 figure. Lot of blue sky in that $1000 figure.
magyars
Levergunner 1.0

Post by magyars »

Thanks Gentlemen.....
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jnyork wrote:98-99% means " MINT, probably has sold previously at retail, and may have been shot occasionally" a firearm in this condition will show NO wear, NO dings, NO scratches, NO corrosion, NO sign of have been used. If you have one in that actual condition, it will be worth more than the $500 figure. Lot of blue sky in that $1000 figure.
If as Jay sez, then probable worth is in the $700-$750 range, if one of those "Pros" was offering you $1000, you shoulda jumped at it... But, if so, he'd have also probably owned it for a LONG time! And local market plays a BIG part, IMO.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!