OT - Swedish M94 Stock Source?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

OT - Swedish M94 Stock Source?

Post by Hobie »

At least it is a 94... :wink: I've been looking on-line without success for a stock, handguard and iron forward of the receiver for a Swedish M1894 carbine.
Last edited by Hobie on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Those are getting rare. I have been looking for a good one for years, at gunshows etc. You rarely see one in original condition.

My dad and my Uncle both purchased one, for deer hunting back in the late 50's. I was born in 57 and I can't ever remember him not having it. My uncle had his customized a little and he still has it. He had the original stock modified to a sporter configuration more or less, and it has been his only deer rifle, even till this day, with the stock iron sights on it.

My dad left his as is, stock military. When I got old enough to deer hunt, I had a choice use the old swedish mauser or my dad's singlebarrel shotgun with buckshot. I ended up carrying the old swedish mauser for a few years until I could got my first Leveraction Post 64 Model 94 Winchester 30/30 which my Grandfather traded to me for a wrecked Honda 90 motorcycle. His main goal was to get me off of the motorcycle.

Anyway, My dad finally gave me the old Swedish Mauser, and I recond I will always keep it, for sentimental reasons. Unfortunately, I need a barrel for mine, because My dad shot the old corosive miitary ammo out of it, and we didn't clean the barrel like we should have, when I was a kid.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

I did not find any in my searches....replacements stocks that is. These are somewhat rare guns that bring alot of money in original condition. I finally had Richards Micro fit make a Mannlicher stock for mine, with which I was not satisfied with(It was missing a step in the barrel channel, and they claimed that they did not see ones with the sight sleeves attached anymore like mine has, which they do not cut a channel for). So, I am still slowly carving on it and trying to make it work. When done, it should be really nice and I think a Mannlicher stock with a forend cap is the best way to go, asthestics wise.
Last edited by C. Cash on Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

btt
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Thanks for the bump!

What it is is that I could buy a M94 for $180 but it needs the stock and all the iron forward of the receiver. It has the original sights.

I had another in my hands Saturday but Carl isn't letting that one go! Carl is a vet of WWII and Korea and a hoot of a collector/accumulator.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

A 6.5X55 with a Mannlicher stock... WOW! Now that would be some kinda nice. Is it a drop in affair or is there much smithing to be done?

Give me a butterknife bolt handle and some set triggers and I'd clean out the safe.
I was seriously thinking about a M77 Ruger International in 7 mm Mauser some time back.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

Probably a dumb question but have you tried The Swedish Firearms Forum?
http://parallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsfo ... view/id/82

Could rifle wood be adapted to the carbine?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Bruce Scott wrote:Probably a dumb question but have you tried The Swedish Firearms Forum?
http://parallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsfo ... view/id/82

Could rifle wood be adapted to the carbine?
Not such a dumb question... :lol: Thanks for the link. I think Joe might notice if I join another forum... :wink: :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Rusty wrote:A 6.5X55 with a Mannlicher stock... WOW! Now that would be some kinda nice. Is it a drop in affair or is there much smithing to be done?

Give me a butterknife bolt handle and some set triggers and I'd clean out the safe.
I was seriously thinking about a M77 Ruger International in 7 mm Mauser some time back.

Rusty <><
Hi Rusty,

Mine was supposed to be a drop in stock from Richards. I am pleased with the semi-fancy California Walnut but they didn't add in the last step on the barrel. When asked why they didn't add it in they said this is a sight sleeve that they don't often see anymore....wouldn't take it back and correct it. I guess I see their point but I still feel a bit miffed. So. a good bit of carving and inletting is going on. This is my first time trying to inlet something so I'm going SLOW. I'm doing the forend tip in Silver and adding a silver Texas star into the cheekpiece to honor my Grand Dad who owned the gun, as he was a proud Texan :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

There are a couple on Gunbroker. They were never plentiful. I'm going to have to pass on this one.

Nuckols Gun Works
1801 W Beverley St
Staunton, VA 24401 Map

(540) 886-3061

ask for Chris or Ernie
Sincerely,

Hobie

model55
Levergunner 3.0

swedish

Post by model55 »

lastmohecken, Sarco inc has your barrels for $75.00 item number msr 254
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Re: swedish

Post by Lastmohecken »

model55 wrote:lastmohecken, Sarco inc has your barrels for $75.00 item number msr 254
Thank, I may look into that.