Darn gun shows anyway. Pics Fixed

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3t-
Levergunner 2.0

Darn gun shows anyway. Pics Fixed

Post by 3t- »

Took the boy and went to the local gun show today. Spent a couple hours walking the place, had some lunch, saw some interesting things nothing too great and mostly priced too high. Then as we were leaving we stopped by a table of collector ammo. Old stuff, rifle, handgun, shotgun etc being sold by a young guy his wife and young daughter. Said his dad hand collected it over his life but hand passed several years ago and it was time to get rid of it. This was his first show attempt and was having mixed results. Visited a bit and noticed he had a few guns off to the side so I took a look...I should have known better. The guns were his uncles, passed on long ago and had been in his dads closet for the past couple decades. Dad never shot them, or cleaned them (as was confirmed a few hours later) Son didn't hunt and dad had not used the uncles guns so they too needed to go. So guess how spent my evening :roll:

Guy was eager to sell and hand had no lookers, eager for cash I guess. His wife seemed to be encouraging him to make some sales. :wink:

Anyway here is my evening fun. No cracks, no chips, or boogered screw heads, action is tight, bore has strong rifling with a few rough spots. Internal parts don't show it in the pics but have very little wear and quite a bit of finish left on them. Take it out in then next few days and see how she shoots. :D

My first Winchester 1892. After a bit of "discussin" with the seller I took it home for what a New Marlin Cowboy would run...or just about anyway.

And for those who have not done so. Putting a 92 back together is a bit trickier than a 94...took about 12 Cerveza Mas Fina before I got it figured out. :wink:

25-20WCF

Last edited by 3t- on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
regards

3T
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

You win this week!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Like Dave said "You win this week". That's an understatement.
Old Law Dawg
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

FUN! God for you!!!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Excellent!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

That looks like you hit the Nebraska Lottery, fer sure ! :shock: :o :lol:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Good for you!

You didn't mention but it is a .44 WCF, right?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
3t-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3t- »

Hobie,

25-20

Yep, got to get dies, brass, bullets, etc....of the JOY :wink:
regards

3T
Buffboy
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Buffboy »

3T wrote:Hobie,

25-20

even better :shock:
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

You done GOOD, 3T. The .25-20 has given me many years of fun. I loaded another 50 rds yesterday. 75 grain Speer over 13 grs IMR 4198. A great load that duplicates the old 60 gr High Velocity factory offering, but with a heavier bullet. :D
3t-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3t- »

Thanks Mike,

I was just starting to look for some load data. Found some info in my Lyman 48th and my Lee manual. I am looking forward to how she shoots
regards

3T
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

3T wrote:Hobie,

25-20

OMG, I am SO envious. That's not good for me but GREAT for you. What a treat!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
3t-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3t- »

Took the new gun to the indoor range for an hour this morning and she shoots very nice. 25yds (max for this range) all went into groups a little over an inch, some 3 shots groups touching with the Winchester 86 grain factory Load. Shoots and functions flawlessly. :D

I must say that these "flat top" rear sights that winchester used on the 94s and 92s will take some time getting used to. I can see they have some nice potential but are quite a change from using a Williams or a Full Buckhorn.

By the way she was born in 1922.
regards

3T
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Congratulations on a really fin 1892, at a great price!