Finally laid eyes on a Ruger SR1911

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Finally laid eyes on a Ruger SR1911

Post by shooter »

at the gun show this past weekend. I will have to say that I am very impressed on the appearance of the gun. Love the satin finish and the two tone small parts on the gun. Makes it look a little more appealing, IMO, than all stainless. Now here's the fun part - the dealer was asking $899!!! That's $100 over Ruger's MSRP. I just picked up a nice Springfield so I told the guy thanks but no thanks and walked away. I understand these are in pretty limited supply, but I'm not going to be the impatient guy that buys one for $100 over MSRP. I can wait a year or so and see where prices settle before making up my mind.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Finally laid eyes on a Ruger SR1911

Post by AJMD429 »

shooter wrote:I understand these are in pretty limited supply, but I'm not going to be the impatient guy that buys one for $100 over MSRP. I can wait a year or so and see where prices settle before making up my mind.
Also that gives them the time to work out any 'bugs' (although with a tried-and-true design like the 1911, hopefully there will be no 'issues').
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I would love to own one and will when they are on the shelf at my local pusher.
I have been waiting for about 4 months for a Ruger SP101
8 shot .22 with 4" barrel. They have them at the Wholesale Sports in town but I want my friend/club member/dealer to get the sale. :wink:
pdawg.shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by pdawg.shooter »

AJMD429 wrote:
shooter wrote:I understand these are in pretty limited supply, but I'm not going to be the impatient guy that buys one for $100 over MSRP. I can wait a year or so and see where prices settle before making up my mind.
Also that gives them the time to work out any 'bugs' (although with a tried-and-true design like the 1911, hopefully there will be no 'issues').
Remember, Ruger is making them. "Issues" is Ruger's middle name!
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I've had mine since Sept and haven't had any problems with mine. When I seen them in gunshops the prices were $629 to $699.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

BenT wrote:I've had mine since Sept and haven't had any problems with mine. When I seen them in gunshops the prices were $629 to $699.
I told the guy that I knew several people that had picked them up for $629 to $675, and he basically told me that was impossible. I don't know if the market is that much different here than where you are, but he said I'm not gonna be able to find one around here for less than the $899 he had on the gun. Somehow I think this guy's full of you know what, but I don't know. Maybe the markets are different. The dealers are gonna get whatever people are willing to pay.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:I would love to own one and will when they are on the shelf at my local pusher.
I have been waiting for about 4 months for a Ruger SP101
8 shot .22 with 4" barrel. They have them at the Wholesale Sports in town but I want my friend/club member/dealer to get the sale. :wink:

That kind of loyalty is very honorable! :D
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

$699 was the most I seen for one. The one I got was on order through my gunshop for $649 , but they had a Ruger promo so I got another $20 off. $679 was the price I seen in most gunshops.
PackinPreacher
Levergunner

Post by PackinPreacher »

I finally gave up waiting for them to be available here and had my LGS bring in a Remington R-1 1911. The day after I took possession of my new R-1, I was told of a place in the Detroit area for $575.00. Timing is certainly everything. BTW, I was told today that the LGS had received 5 and they are now all gone.
I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God ... Romans 1:16
NRA Life Member, SAF Member
VietNam Era Vet (USN/USNR CTT2)
TX50Cal
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TX50Cal »

My local shop finally has one in stock and it is $749. I'm waiting for a commander version to come out.
Dave in TX
MA1 USN (Retired)
Freedom is never really free, payments come due in every generation.