OT- TC Renegade Replacement Barrel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

OT- TC Renegade Replacement Barrel

Post by ceb »

Spent some time on the TC site this morning looking for a replacement barrel for my old .54cal Renegade. Maybe I missed it, but I could not find where TC offered them any more. What I would like is a round ball barrel with a 1 in 66 twist. I could see where they made them at one time. Anyone know were to look for something like this?
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Did you contact their custom shop? Sometimes barrels come up on one of the auction sites as well. You could also look at some of the muzzleloader barrel makers/suppliers...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I'd start looking for a Green Mountain replacement bbl. Off the top of my head I don't recall the twist rate but I know they make direct replacements for the Thompson's.
Old Law Dawg
WCF3030
Senior Levergunner

Post by WCF3030 »

That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

http://thewoodsman1.blogspot.com/
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

I'm looking at the same thing for my TC Hawken. Go on this site:

www.trackofthewolf.com

Go to gun parts, then barrels. The have a catagory for replacement barrels for TC Hawken & Renegade.

They have the direct replacement Green Mountain barrels. I hear they are better than the factory TC barrels.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Try the barrel section at Log Cabin Shop. Link is below. Green Mountain is good too.

http://www.logcabinonline.com/
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

At one time Green Mountain made "drop in" barrels that were ready to go. I know a guy that had one for his Renegade in .40 cal. Boy was it a tack driver. You could also buy shotgun barrels as well.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Thanks guys, I had forgotten all about Green Mountain. I checked and they do offer a drop in replacement in a 1 in 70 twist. Just what I'm lookin for. :D I only shoot round ball anymore and I'm hoping for improved accuracy over the standard 1 in 48 twist. Now if I can just sneak the cash out of the savings! :wink:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

CEB,
Don't forget you can always go with a different caliber as well. that would make one fine squirrel rifle with a .36 or .40 cal round ball barrel.

Rusty <><

ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Rusty, already thought of that, I'm thinking a .40. Track of the Wolf seems to have the best price and in stock. Don't know how to explain to the wife why I NEED two barrels though.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Ceb,
It's not the money you're spending, it's the money you're saving by not buying a whole 'nother gun. That's the way the ladies think. She'll be able to relate to that.
Now if I could just find a renegade. I like them best cause they have the flat butt plate.

Those .40's are sooooo sweet.

Rusty <><

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

ceb

Keep in mind that those small cal. bbls are HEAVY. a 15/16" bbl with a .40 or smaller hole in it is a hole lot of steel to drag around. Just my .02 cents.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
BruceB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BruceB »

T/C has an 800 number on their site for their shop, Fox Ridge Outfitters. Fox Ridge used to list replacement barrels for the muzzleloaders and the Contenders. You could give them a call.