OT - Cool web site for you USAF vets. (BMT pics.)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Cool web site for you USAF vets. (BMT pics.)

Post by cshold »

Cool web site for you USAF vets.

http://www.bmtflightphotos.af.mil/

Looking at these BMT pictures sure brings back the memories.
My BMT picture is there.
Aug. 1981 (sure do remember that Aug. heat/humidity [xx(])
3723 BMTS Flt. 129
I am in the very back row, sixth in from the left or right.
(Yea the tall goofy looking guy [8D])
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Well, well. Another airdale. I was, also, at Lackland from August to October. Hotter than hades but with high humidity. Then one morning it was cold and stayed that way in the mornings till I left.

My flights photo isn't there. But, when I dig out the photo, I'll post it.

I noticed some of the scans were pretty poor. Looks like newspaper photos. I've got the "commemorative" book with a good photo. I'll scan it, shop it and post it.
Last edited by jeepnik on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

That's really neat. I was there in Aug. - Sept. 1980 but my picture isn't among those available. I remember it being so hot that it would melt the polish off your boots. They had the BIGGEST freaking jack rabbits I have ever seen in my life!
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Hot?

Post by Mutt »

I too went thru Lackland 1954 starting 26th july , Hot party.... Then I got sent to Del Rio Texas. Another sunny beach with water. ...........Made it though. Sometimes I wondered................. :D ......Mutt
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Hey.............. I found myself in 1962 ! Its kinda like de-ja vu, all over again ! :lol:

I even spotted "Frosty Freddie" - the company mess-up, who kept falling off the rope crossing.