OT Local PD brought in a BOX OF GUNS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
paulyseggs
Levergunner

OT Local PD brought in a BOX OF GUNS

Post by paulyseggs »

I went to my second job at a gunshop today, Not really a job but I get a paycheck so I guess it counts as work!!

A local PD brought in a rubbermade tote FILLED with guns wrapped in bubble tape. Alot of older colt service revolvers, about a dozen Glock 17s and 26s. 2 Colt AR15s, some H&K 223 rifles, half dozen or so NFA short barreled Mossberg 500s, a Class 3 H&K receiver for one of those 223 rifles, 9mm C96 Mauser with shoulder stock, 2 MINT Krag rifles and a S&W 58.

I drooled all over that 58 and a bit of it got on the Krags too. I was told a few items I didn't see had to go back due to legallity issues. I heard one was a Colt Thompson.

I did acquire a 4in square butt 34-1 22lr, I'm a happy man!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Tell me more about the 58...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
paulyseggs
Levergunner

Post by paulyseggs »

It was CHERRY! 4in, with box and papers, looked unfired. I was a day late and a dollar short on callin dibs :x :x :x Also I forgot about a US marked Colt 1917, quite a bit of wear on the blueing and the thumb latch was missing. But the bore was shiny. Also had a 1911 dated to 1918, US Army marked. almost all matching, bushing and mainspring housing were not orignal.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

How much for the HK93's (223)?
paulyseggs
Levergunner

Post by paulyseggs »

Rockrat, don't know yet. I'll let ya know as soon as I find out.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Why did they bring them in? To be sold? They don't destroy them?

Sounds like some nice guns.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I'd be interested in at least one or 2 of the Glocks if they're reasonable. Please keep us posted.