Leverevolution Powder & 7-30 Waters?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Leverevolution Powder & 7-30 Waters?

Post by CBinNH »

Anybody done any experimenting with this new powder & the Waters? Hodgdon lists only other cartridge data. Just curious since it is based on the 30-30 cartridge.
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Leverevolution Powder & 7-30 Waters?

Post by Marc »

I tried it in a 14" barrel Contender. It gave good velocities but wide extreme spreads and poor accuracy. It could be the 14" barrel is to short for it to work well.
My "HB" (Hunting Buddy) She's a good cook too!
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I don't have a 7-30 Waters so can't give you any specific loads. You might do what I am planning for working up LVR loads in the 32 Special (also without LVR loads listed by Hodgdon). Use BL-C(2) data as a guide and work up gently, feeling for any extraction resistance.

I see why you want to try it: looks like it might be a top performer, judging from Hodgdon's load data showing BL-C(2) as being a top performer in your Waters.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

From my experience with LVR it works best with full loads . Powder up to the base of the bullet, it doesn't have to be a compressed load. But it is finicky on bullets weight. My 307 shoots MOA with 170gr but is all over the place with 150 gr bullets. It's the most accurate powder by far for the 307. But in the 338MX it gives good velocity and good accuracy but RL15 gives tigher groups at 70 fps less. I have not been able to match factory balistics in the 338 MX with LVR. You will find most cartriges list load data for only one bullet weight. It is listed for non lever cartridges such as the 30 Rem AR also.

Give it a try using different bullet wieghts and let us know how it works out. Good Luck!
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

Thanks for the responses. Maybe I'll buy a jug of it do some experimenting.