Off Topic/Warning Regarding Lawman Leather

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Off Topic/Warning Regarding Lawman Leather

Post by Lastmohecken »

I guess this is a warning/rant.

Do not purchase a Dirty Harry Shoulder Holster from Lawman Leather, unless you are willing to wait maybe forever to receive it. These people have adds in Guns and Ammo, maybe elsewhere, and they have a beautiful website, but they lie to you, take you money, and so far have not delivered anything.

In Feb 2010 I ordered a holster from them for a Model 29 and they had to have the money up front, with a 20 week wait time. It's now been over 60 weeks and no holster. I have called them several times and it's always some lame excuse, and sometimes they will promise just 5 more weeks, they have done this several times. And they won't even look up your account to tell you where you are in the line up. If you presist, they tell you to call back in the middle of the night to California because accounting works the night shift, however you can order in the daytime, Central time at least.

They refuse to refund you money, and sometimes will not give you much indication of when you will see your holster, they just keep putting you off. This is not just an issolated problem with me, do a search on the internet, and you will find others with the same experience.

These people's business practices are terrible. I have held off for a long time on blasting them on the web, but I have given them every chance to make it right, and I have had a gut full.

I can't go back on my credit card, because they are smart enough to know that 3 months is the time limit to do that, so they hold you off for that long, then what recourse do you have? It's only around $250.00 so they know you are probably not going to get a lawyer or whatever, and since I live in Arkansas, it's like throwing good money after bad to go to Las Vegas to look them up, personally.

So, I just felt that I should share my story, in case, someones has seen their wonderful adds, or went to their website, and is thinking about giving them money.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Off Topic/Warning Regarding Lawman Leather

Post by Rusty »

You might consider contacting Guns and Ammo Magazine and see if they can be any help. Since the actions of one of their advertisers degrades their good name it might be of interest. It might be a stretch but since the ad appeared in a magazine that goes through the U.S. Postal system there might be a case for mail fraud.

BTW, thanks for the warning.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

There was just an article in one of the gun rags about them and how wonderful they are and such. Thanks for the heads up.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I would contact the Attorney General in their state and file a complaint. Encourage others in the same circumstance to do the same. It will take a while, but there will be some sort of resolution. This is apparently what happened/is happening with Tyler of T-grip adapter fame.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

As Hobie said, contact the Attorney General. Here's the web site with their contact info.

http://oag.ca.gov/contact

Where is Lawman Leather located? There are a number of Californians on the forum, myself included. Perhaps a personal visit might be in order.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Just checked the area code. They are in Las Vegas Nevada, so the link to the California attorney general isn't any good to you. Sorry.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

Attorney General and the BBB. I have had believe it or not, good luck twice with the BBB.
For whatever reason, after the BBB got involved, they businesses in question were suddenly real interested in solving the problem.

Thanks for the heads up.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

http://smith-wessonforum.com/conceal...her-goods.html

I guess I am not the only sucker that bought into this scam, as there is long thread over on the Smith and Wesson forum. I have called them again and was promised another 6 weeks.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

For $250 I agree it is not worth any legal action.
I second the notion of going to guns and ammo with a letter. If they have any integrety at all (may not, but one would assume they do) I would think they would check into such a complaint with one of there advertisers. Its not good business to promote thiefs, even if they do pay for the add. Would be interested in there reply.
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Joe Reilly »

I was going to order one of their holsters. Thanks for the heads up.

I saw the write up a few months ago in either "American Handgunner" or "Guns" and sounded like a decent outfit.

Hope it works out for you.
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

With the Forumites we have that do leather, I'd never order from a stranger :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

BlaineG wrote:With the Forumites we have that do leather, I'd never order from a stranger :wink:
+1 on this one Big Time.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Well this is sad to read. We like to think that those of us in the firearms and accoutraments business are cut from better cloth... thanks for the heads up!
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

O.S.O.K. wrote:Well this is sad to read. We like to think that those of us in the firearms and accoutraments business are cut from better cloth... thanks for the heads up!
It can really chap your hide, for sure.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV