Vehicle Expedition Lever Gun?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Vehicle Expedition Lever Gun?

Post by jeepnik »

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. I didn't have near as much gray hair then.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It was fun to read it again.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

How about a Dillon mini gun mounted in the bed of your truck? Or even better a Naval 5" gun turret!?
All kidding aside this topic could be debated a long time.
However I wouldn't do such a trip alone but with a couple of guys that I know I could trust!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Its interesting to see the amount of concern by some about travelling along the border country. I would have had the same feelings about it in the past, but Ive seen several trip reports from along the border, none had much adventure of the sort that might have been predicted. Not that Id suggest going camping and travelling along the border unprepared, but it seems somewhat less of an adventure than might be expected, other than hearing people passing through in the night, and doors being checked for being locked. I'm more inclined to try a trip now than then, partly because of reading of some good trips. This one in particular Id like to do in the appropriate season.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/129-1 ... el-diablo/
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

So, here it is, 7 years later, old grizzled thread resurrected for some reason. I wonder if tomtex survived his sojourn along the border with his camera and levergun. :?:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Not to let the age of the original post slip by... but Image there Ryan2smitth... Welcome to THE Forum!

I found it interesting that my answer wouldn't have changed in the last 7 years!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Responding only to lament the absense of so many posters..... I miss so many of All Y'all....
But, I'll change from a lever .44 to my Ruger GunSite Scout with a few extra magazines.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

Wow, thread resurrection! Interesting to read, to interesting not to join in even if it is old.

Mine would be a Trapper length Winchester, either the 94 in .30-30 I currently keep in my truck (with a light and ammo carrier) or a similarly set up 92 in .45 Colt. My 92 must be special because I can fit a total of 9 rounds in the magazine. Don't know how but it works. Trappers are short enough I can shoot from the drivers seat if I had to, I'd prefer the .30-30 for range but the .45 for capacity.