It just keeps getting worse!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

It just keeps getting worse!!

Post by jnyork »

What a role model for American fathers!! This guy should have been neutered pre-puberty!! :evil:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328668,00.html
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

You know, the guy should not have done that. But I think the charges are over reaction at the least. If convicted he will never have a life again, or a wife, or his son.

He might as well just commit seuiside (sp).

There is a lot of craziness in this world, and some of it warrants felony charges. But from what I read in this article, this does not.

This is a loose loose situation for all involved. Pray for them, they'll need it.

JMHO

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Did they mean "airsoft" guns? Thats all I can think of that shoot "plastic" BB's.

I didn't realize they could break skin.

I have only seen these on the store shelf and have considered buying a couple
with some safety goggles to play around the house with my son.

Good grief, how close did I come to being in this guys shoes if one of his
super-lib teachers ever seen a welt on my sons arm?

As a form of discipline it is way off and should be dealt with as a crime, but a
felony? I'm not so sure.

I have a feeling the story is deeper than what was written.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I think they do mean airsofts. Some of the more expensive ones hit prertty hard and can break skin up close. The cheap ones have a slide you manually operate and the pricey ones are either green gas or co2. I've seen kids having airsoft wars in the neighborhoods. Still, for a father to shoot a little kid...?
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

Way to go idiot...

That's how you teach gun safety to kids.

Not that the kids teacher didn't overreact, but darn... imagine you have an airsoft gun, (a good one,) and it breaks skin up close.

Would you shoot ANY kid with it?

A 28 y/o man should know better. I hope the judge gives him a few months in jail and put him on probation.

Choices have consequences...
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

With that bond you know the DA is going for a felony. I once indicted two guys for shooting a 7 year old from a car with a Paintball gun. The way it went forward was the Warning Label said "Extremely Harmful or Fatal if misused. I had no problem with my charges on these two 19 year olds that were being idiots with a dangerous weapon. Depending on dads intent they may have a good case.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I dunno - this sounds like it is probably overreaction to me. "Plastic BB's" is indeed an "airsoft" gun. Some are indeed dangerous - and painful. Others are darn near worthless and no big deal. My son and I have had airsoft wars in the back yard wearing safety glasses. No big deal.

A lot better than when I was a boy. My brothers and I would sneak off with the Red Ryders and blast the stuff out of each other. It is a miracle none of us shot out an eye, as I don't remember wearing safety glass way back then. My Dad would have tanned our hides - and taken away the BB guns for good had he found out.

Then again, I'm sure he did worse. In fact, come to think of it, he did blast me once. The Red Ryder isn't overly strong, and being zapped with it smarted, but didn't really hurt too much. I thought most BB guns were like that, so make the "assumption" mistake once, and paid the price.

My Dad had a CO2-powered Daisy "six shooter" BB gun (oh, how I wish I had that now), and decided to train the cat not to go up into the kitchen by blasting him with it from the family room when my Dad was watching TV, ala "Archie Bunker style" - from his "command chair". It worked, and the cat learned not to cross the threshold into the kitchen (we lived in a split level), same as the dog, in no time.

I was walking through one day - about 14 years old - and my Dad was watching the news. He had just blasted the cat, and I said something to the effect that I'm sure that didn't hurt too much. I then made the mistake of turning around and walking away, and Dad blasted me in the rear end. I swear the BB lifted me off the ground! I was wearing jeans, and ended up rolling on the ground with my hands on my butt howling in pain. Boy did it leave a welt!

My Dad was the consumate smart-***! :wink: Nowadays he'd have been jailed for either harming the cat or the kids. Of course, it was just one of many effectively-delivered lessons I learned from my Dad (this one was don't tease an armed man! :shock: ) . :D
Gun Runner

Post by Gun Runner »

Years ago the lady I was with were walking down the street during one of the street fairs. Out of a parking lot comes a car with 4 thing and a couple paint ball guns. I see a gun come out the window and pointed at us. I knock her to the ground and draw my weapon and level off on the guy. Bunch of people get in the way and I call the S.O. they stop the punks within a block. The deputy is ripping them a new one and telling them how close they came to meeting their maker. I get there and ask the deputy (a friend of mine) if I can have the one that pointed the paint-ball gun at me. Deputy knows better because then he would need the medic's and rescue. Deputy confiscated the guns and then found drugs in the car. They all got a ride to the local lock-up. The one thing that I wanted got mouthy with the deputy, deputy advised him I had just gotten back from Nam and I would probably screw up his health record real bad. Judge gave them time for the paintball incident and time for the drugs. Nobody ever lets me have no fun. :twisted:

Gun Runner
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win40-82 »

Many years ago my young sons and I used to run around the house shooting each other with the guns that shot the little sucktion cup darts. We had a ball. My grandson (16) often has airsoft gun fights with his neighbor kids with eye protection REQUIRED and best done with long sleeve heavy shirts. Most use helmets with face shields. I can see a man playing with his son and not knowing how hard they hit. Also can see a man just being an butt. Just being charged would probably be enough to solve any further problems and prosecution not needed.
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo