OT- COPS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- COPS

Post by Andrew »

I just watched the coolest chase on COPS a few moments ago.

They chased a quad-cab Dodge down gravel road doing 70+ and then went out into the woods. Sadly the guy in the truck couldn't get away from the crown-vic even bobbing thru the trees :roll: .

Then it happened, the crown-vic stopped on a stump :x . The guy in the truck went on over the hill out of sight. Then the cop car's exhaust set the grass on fire which then in turn set the rest of the car on fire. :shock:

It burned down completely. They caught the guy swimming across the river, keys still in pocket. Awesome. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

Well hopefully the cops weren't hurt. We just lost a 26 yr old Indiana State Trooper....crashed his cruiser into a tree during a high speed chase. Course the perp got away.......
jbm1968
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jbm1968 »

I saw it too!!!! I am watching Cops now!
Jonathan

Soldier
NRA Life Member
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Darn - I missed it!
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

I missed it also, but my oldest had to call me and tell me all about it. Said the sergeant that showed up (probably the shift supervisor) didn't say much but gave the officer the look that said "we're gonna talk about this when that dam_ camera is off and we're back in the station"...
Tom (Retired Patrol Sgt)
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT- COPS

Post by Poohgyrr »

Andrew wrote: They caught the guy swimming across the river, keys still in pocket. Awesome. :D

And what are the odds this crook will pay to replace the car and whatever else burned up..........

Sometimes I wonder if retroactive abortion has its' good points....
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT- COPS

Post by win40-82 »

Andrew wrote: They chased a quad-cab Dodge down gravel road doing 70+ and then went out into the woods. Sadly the guy in the truck couldn't get away from the crown-vic even bobbing thru the trees :roll: .

:D
Just wondering what you meant by "sadly the guy in the truck couldn't get away" Is it you don't like cops or just pulling for the under dog? Fun to watch tax payer money going up in smoke, maybe putting the officers life at risk? Can't see anything sad about him getting caught. IMHO
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

win40-82, I read it more as a knock on the bad guys driving. But there is some places you shouldn't take a crown vic.
Ricky

DWWC
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

RKrodle wrote:win40-82, I read it more as a knock on the bad guys driving. But there is some places you shouldn't take a crown vic.
Yes, the guy's driving was substanialy sub par; he had twice the clearance of that patrol car. I was glad to hear at the end that he was caught. The fire was gradual but uncontrolable, no one was in danger. Fire is a danger when driving through really dry grass as it appeared they were doing.

Sorry for the confusion.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Last time I got a ticket (note: knocking on wood furiously right now) was about 7 years ago. I had my wife and son with me; it was late, we'd been driving all day, and were trying to get a fussy 2-year old to a hotel room pronto. I was speeding - but being passed by just about everyone. Still, somehow I got picked. I wonder if it was those out-of-state plates?!? :wink:

Anyway, as I pull over, I hear from the car-seat in the back, in a very quiet voice:

"Bad boys, bad boys, what 'ch going to do?"

The LEO probably thought I was nuts when he got up to the car window and found me laughing! :roll:
win40-82
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win40-82 »

Andrew wrote:
RKrodle wrote:win40-82, I read it more as a knock on the bad guys driving. But there is some places you shouldn't take a crown vic.
Yes, the guy's driving was substanialy sub par; he had twice the clearance of that patrol car. I was glad to hear at the end that he was caught. The fire was gradual but uncontrolable, no one was in danger. Fire is a danger when driving through really dry grass as it appeared they were doing.

Sorry for the confusion.
Big Thanks!! I'm not a fan of someone try to elude police.
there is no such thing as a miss if you still have ammo
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

win40-82 wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.
Big Thanks!! I'm not a fan of someone try to elude police.
Not even bo and Luke :?: :P