The Mighty 71 (with pics)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Mighty 71 (with pics)

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I did manage to regulate the leaf sights ... it took hours with a hand file. I've never been so nervous. If you can imagine, shoot three, scrape some metal, shoot three more, scrape more metal, over and over and over. One slip and the barrel could be gouged. It was nerve wracking.

In any case, it has only seen range time. I've not been deer or hog hunting in some time. Central Florida is not exactly trophy deer territory. Hogs we got though ... in droves. I'm not sure what a 350grain Speer JFP would do to a hog at 2250fps. Probably impart a good bit of spin.

Once my kids are out of the house, I hope to be able to travel for guided hunts. It turns out, kids continue to cost even more as they get older. I'm anxious to see this college stuff done and over but my daughter is still only in the 9th grade. She no longer enjoys pulling the handle on my RCBS press like she once did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Yep! you need to take that to Alaska and give that beautiful hunk of steel a workout!

How the heck are you!? Its been a while. We need to hit the January gun show in Lakeland....
I am going just to drool over all everything!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 amThank you for reposting, beautiful workmanship, artistry at it's best........... :mrgreen:
+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 am Yep! you need to take that to Alaska and give that beautiful hunk of steel a workout!

How the heck are you!? Its been a while. We need to hit the January gun show in Lakeland....
I am going just to drool over all everything!
Just workin' on other projects plus a lot going on at the office. Was looking at some 5mm Rimfire stuff the other day and it got me back going on gun stuff ... so here I am.

Yeah, January for the Lakeland show sounds good to me.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
450 Fuller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 450 Fuller »

Uniquely beautiful and functional.

Don't forget that T. Roosevelt used his special order 1876 and 1886 half magazine rifles in the Dakotas
and all over. Extra finished rifles with a slight blemish lend character. Don't be discouraged to use them.
The elk and moose I have killed with Winchester 71s and an original gold inlayed 405-1895 never saw
a horse close up. And I have an Arabian.... take em to the outback and the critters will be frozen in their tracks. Ben Lilly
would have looked hard at them.