Humor: Survivor.....Ozarks Style

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Humor: Survivor.....Ozarks Style

Post by TedH »

SURVIVOR ..... Ozarks Style.

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, Missouri is planning to do its own, titled 'Survivor -Ozarks Style.'

The contestants will start in Springfield , travel down to Branson and Hollister . Then, they will head west to Cassville, then proceed to Anderson . From there they will head north through Joplin and Carthage on their way to Nevada . Then east to Stockton , Bolivar, and Lebanon . From there, down to Mtn Grove, Cabool and West Plains. Then back west to Gainsville and up through Ava to Mansfield . The final leg will be back to Springfield !

The contestants are required to slowly circle the square in each of these towns.
Each will be driving a pink Volvo, at no faster than 50 mph, with California license plates and a HUGE bumper sticker that reads: I'm gay. I'm a vegetarian. Beer is harmful to your health. Republicans suck. Obama is God. Deer hunting is murder, and I'm here to confiscate your guns.'

The first one that makes it back to Springfield alive wins..
NRA Life Member
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Humor: Survivor.....Ozarks Style

Post by JerryB »

Let me know when, I'll try to catch them at West plains. IF they make it that far.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

To make it really really dificult make it Stockton California rather tha Stockton Missori.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

:lol: :lol:

The pawn shop is just off the square in West Plains. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Big Bore 94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Big Bore 94 »

Ambush would be better in the old part of Hollister. Then make walk up and down the old school house staircase a few times. Sure wish I had a photo to post of the stairs.
winchester1886
Levergunner 2.0

Post by winchester1886 »

Will it be hard to get my guns into America.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

There really was a youtube clip going around, a year of so ago, which showed some Britts travling through the south, with cars painted up which had stuff like "I am Gay" "Nascar Sucks" , gun control stuff, Hillary Clinton stuff, and they just about got their butts kicked big time down in La, or Alabama, somewhere. It was pretty funny, but the Britts actually got scared and quickly found a place to pull over, on the open road and washed the painted slogan off of their cars.

I remember the Britts saying stuff like, dumb rednecks, were stupid to want to beat them up, over it. Anyway, it was pretty good.
NRA Life Member, Patron
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

TedH wrote:SURVIVOR ..... Ozarks Style.

Due to the popularity of the Survivor shows, Missouri is planning to do its own, titled 'Survivor -Ozarks Style.'

The contestants will start in Springfield , travel down to Branson and Hollister . Then, they will head west to Cassville, then proceed to Anderson . From there they will head north through Joplin and Carthage on their way to Nevada . Then east to Stockton , Bolivar, and Lebanon . From there, down to Mtn Grove, Cabool and West Plains. Then back west to Gainsville and up through Ava to Mansfield . The final leg will be back to Springfield !

The contestants are required to slowly circle the square in each of these towns.
Each will be driving a pink Volvo, at no faster than 50 mph, with California license plates and a HUGE bumper sticker that reads: I'm gay. I'm a vegetarian. Beer is harmful to your health. Republicans suck. Obama is God. Deer hunting is murder, and I'm here to confiscate your guns.'

The first one that makes it back to Springfield alive wins..
Too long a trip...just announce the event a couple of months early for the 4th of July, start 'em in the Bass Pro parking lot in Springfield and tell 'em if they make it out of the parking lot they win. I have serious doubts anyone will collect. One things for sure...you won't find any locals signing up if they read the rules...they'll know better! :lol:

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

Lastmohecken- that show was the 'Top Gear' show.

I was in Tasmania with my wife a few years ago, I watched some trendy tree huggers get into trouble with what would be loosely termed 'red necks' by the tree huggers over on the tasmanian west coast.

To me it comes down to a simple matter of respect. You do not show up on someones door step and start trying to force values that they find offensive, and in the case of timber, challenge their livelihood down their throat if you do, you may well find people suggest you leave town.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Keep them away from Seattle, they'd get free food and lodging fer sure..... :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

BlaineG wrote:Keep them away from Seattle, they'd get free food and lodging fer sure..... :roll:
Do me a favor Blaine and hawk a loogie for me at the Vladamir Lenin statue there in Seattle....if you get the chance. :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

C. Cash wrote:
BlaineG wrote:Keep them away from Seattle, they'd get free food and lodging fer sure..... :roll:
Do me a favor Blaine and hawk a loogie for me at the Vladamir Lenin statue there in Seattle....if you get the chance. :mrgreen:
I honestly do my best to stay out of that HellHole. It's a shame, really. Excellent shopping, good food, shows, music, etc.....Just so many strange and unsavory people.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Lawyer Daggit wrote:Lastmohecken- that show was the 'Top Gear' show.
One of my favorite shows. In that episode they flew over to Miami from England, were given a thousand dollars each to buy a car, and then were to drive it to New Orleans or thereabouts. They drove within a mile of my house on I-10 and even stopped at little town next door (Bagdad, FL).

The segment with the confrontation with the "good ol' boys" took place when they stopped just west of Mobile, Ala. for gas. They had painted each others cars with phrases insulting the locals in an apparent attempt to provoke a confrontation. They got one and were lucky they didn't get there butts handed to them on a platter by some of my third cousins. (Marcel Ledbetter with his chain saw for you Jerry Clower fans.) That kind of humor may not be dangerous back in Merry Olde England, but they were taking a big chance in south Alabama. I suspect if it hadn't been for the TV camera's filming the whole thing, it would have turned out much uglier.

Here is a summary from the Top Gear website:
The next morning the presenters faced their final challenge: to drive their cars across Alabama without getting shot. This might sound relatively easy, but before they set off they were allowed to paint slogans on each other's cars. James ended up with 'Hilary for president' scrawled along the side of his Caddy, Jeremy's Camaro had the words 'Country and western is rubbish', and Richard's pick-up bore the legend 'Man love rules OK'. These sentiments didn't go down too well with some of the locals and, to cut a long story short, we were lucky to make it to New Orleans with our lives.
You can watch the fun here: http://www.topgear.com/au/videos/southern-discomfort
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

66GTO wrote:
Lawyer Daggit wrote:Lastmohecken- that show was the 'Top Gear' show.
One of my favorite shows. In that episode they flew over to Miami from England, were given a thousand dollars each to buy a car, and then were to drive it to New Orleans or thereabouts. They drove within a mile of my house on I-10 and even stopped at little town next door (Bagdad, FL).

The segment with the confrontation with the "good ol' boys" took place when they stopped just west of Mobile, Ala. for gas. They had painted each others cars with phrases insulting the locals in an apparent attempt to provoke a confrontation. They got one and were lucky they didn't get there butts handed to them on a platter by some of my third cousins. (Marcel Ledbetter with his chain saw for you Jerry Clower fans.) That kind of humor may not be dangerous back in Merry Olde England, but they were taking a big chance in south Alabama. I suspect if it hadn't been for the TV camera's filming the whole thing, it would have turned out much uglier.

Here is a summary from the Top Gear website:
The next morning the presenters faced their final challenge: to drive their cars across Alabama without getting shot. This might sound relatively easy, but before they set off they were allowed to paint slogans on each other's cars. James ended up with 'Hilary for president' scrawled along the side of his Caddy, Jeremy's Camaro had the words 'Country and western is rubbish', and Richard's pick-up bore the legend 'Man love rules OK'. These sentiments didn't go down too well with some of the locals and, to cut a long story short, we were lucky to make it to New Orleans with our lives.
You can watch the fun here: http://www.topgear.com/au/videos/southern-discomfort
Yes, that was it. It was pretty funny. Thanks for the link, I am going to have to watch that again.
NRA Life Member, Patron