OT- Went to range and shop today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Went to range and shop today

Post by Andrew »

Well it's been awhile since I've done anything gun related around here. Several months ago I sized and cleaned all of my brass then got busy. Thankfully I got my rear in gear this last weekend and loaded up a bunch of 200gr cast .452 bullets over 5.5gr of Clays in both Magtech and Winchester brass then loaded them, separately, in my new ammo clam shell box. Sweetness. :D

Before I went to the range I stopped by the local gun store and asked about a gun. None. None from the distributors either. Makes sense, I have money so obviously there should be nothing to buy. Yep, makes perfect sense. :roll:

So off to the range where I did better than I expected to do. Started off at the 10yd line and proceeded to shoot mangled groups on my paper plates. I then relaxed and practiced a little dry fire then tried it again. Bingo, almost all touching!

Stepped back to the 20yd or something and was putting five in about 5 inches. Better than expected considering I haven't shot in months.

Hopefully I can get to the range at least twice a month until deer season so I have time to work up my skill level and a load for the whitetail. Picked up a 500 box of Oregon Trail Lasercast 250gr at Cabela's that should work very nicely for that.

Not a whole lot of real ground breaking stuff went on today but I was just stoked because I was able to do something that didn't involve building transmissions. :lol:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- Went to range and shop today

Post by rjohns94 »

well done. I hope to get the sharps out to the range tomorrow afternoon, weather permitting. Maybe even the 30 carbine
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Re: OT- Went to range and shop today

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sounds like a good day to me Andrew!