.45 Colt ammo jump

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hairy Clipper
Levergunner 1.0

.45 Colt ammo jump

Post by Hairy Clipper »

I went to the Cabelas store in Owatonna, Minnesota on Friday to buy some powder, bullets and ammo. I took a box of .45 Colt to check-out and the register came up $30.99 and the clerk and I discussed the fact that the shelf was marked $22.99, she went back and checked. Upon her return I was informed that since the shelf is still at $22.99 she would sell them at that price, but, the register reflected the "new" price that would be used when the shelf marking was changed. I promptly went back I grabbed a couple of more boxes @ $22.99. Uff-da! I think I will have to get a couple more part-time jobs to buy supplies for my habit.

Hairy
This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok!-Mathew Quigley
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

You and me both (on the part time job). Ouch!!! :shock:
WyrTwister
Levergunner 1.0

Re: .45 Colt ammo jump

Post by WyrTwister »

Hairy Clipper wrote:I went to the Cabelas store in Owatonna, Minnesota on Friday to buy some powder, bullets and ammo. I took a box of .45 Colt to check-out and the register came up $30.99 and the clerk and I discussed the fact that the shelf was marked $22.99, she went back and checked. Upon her return I was informed that since the shelf is still at $22.99 she would sell them at that price, but, the register reflected the "new" price that would be used when the shelf marking was changed. I promptly went back I grabbed a couple of more boxes @ $22.99. Uff-da! I think I will have to get a couple more part-time jobs to buy supplies for my habit.

Hairy
That is why I reload my handgun and .45-70 with my home cast bullets .

God bless
Wyr
nralover
Levergunner 2.0

Post by nralover »

We are all fortunate to indulge in our hobbies, and they are really just luxuries. What about the cost of living??? 3.00 a gallon for gas? A jug of milk has nearly doubled in price in the last 4 years. My wife and I moved out on our own in the early part of 1998. I worked a job at a carwash making peanuts. We were able to go the the local grocery store and buy enough for us to eat three squares a day plus some soda and snacks for around 50.00! Now when she comes home from the grocery store I am happy if she kept it under 150.00. This is for one week. I don't know how they expect the working man to make it anymore...
dodge
Levergunner

Post by dodge »

They don't. They want to have use a slave labor and tell us what is good for us. Always remember that Democrats/big government will protect and take care of us.
dennie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by dennie »

Yesterday I bought 500 of the 230 gr.LRN bullets from a store in Cincinnati to use in my bottom feeders. When I started reloading 2 years ago these bullets cost $18, yesterday they were $32! This store has a reputation for gouging their customers, but I needed them. Keep saying to myself that I will never go back in that store.
I used to buy these bullets at a reduced price at gun shows from the people that make them, Vance, but the last time I saw them they had raised their price to the local dealer's price! I know metal prices have gone up, but seems as tho business ethics are falling at the same time. :(
Gee, and I'm surprised! :roll: :roll:
NRA Benefactor Member/Bluegrass Picker