How To Fix A $350 Camera

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

How To Fix A $350 Camera

Post by Sixgun »

Thats right guys. I bought this baby when they cost a lot. Paid $350 for it and took close to 3K pictures with it. I also paid about the same for the Ruger #843 FT, but that was about 15 years ago. Well, the Ruger still works but the camera is, well, modern day junk---the way our culture is going.

Some things can only be fixed with a 250 gr. Keith. (J. Miller, you paying attention?)-----------------Sixgun

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Some things can only be fixed with a 250 gr. Keith. (J. Miller, you paying attention?)-----------------Sixgun
Oh Yeah!!!!! I'm paying attention :D

What brand of camera was that?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

Yeah, but if you ever took pictures of BEARS with the camera, you would need at least a .500WE to dispatch it. :twisted:

Jack
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

And to think I wasted a perfectly good small target by shipping my defective camera back to the manufacturer! Image
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

I may add a photo of a shotgunned DVD player to this thread....

Almost blasted it last night.

It won't survive past monday, I'm sure.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

That's what I usually do with my old cell phones. Another thing that's bothering me; my wife wants a new digital SLR, which will cost around a grand and will be obsolete in a few short years, but a new Guide Gun on the other hand...... :wink:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

nemhed wrote:That's what I usually do with my old cell phones. Another thing that's bothering me; my wife wants a new digital SLR, which will cost around a grand and will be obsolete in a few short years, but a new Guide Gun on the other hand...... :wink:
In 2002 I visited my brother in CA. Right after that he purchased a brand new Canon D60 Digital SLR that took the same lenses and most of the same accessories as his Canon film SLR. They all interchange with my Canon Rebel 2000 too. Makes it really convenient.
He used it about a year till Canon brought out the next one then decided the D60 wasn't good enough. Since he couldn't get anything on trade for the D60 he paid cash for the new camera and sent me the D-60.
I use it to take pics for the forums, eBay, ect.
When it goes bad it will go back to Canon. There is no way in the world I'm going to shoot up a $2600.00 camera.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That thing sure looks like dangerous game :twisted:

Did that once to one of those big Kitchenaid mixers. Bought it for the Ex-Mrs at an auction where I'd also bought a Win 97. Well 97 worked just fine at 80 years old but the mixer was junk. First time she tried to use it , it started smoking and almost caught fire!

Threw it out in the back yard and put six rounds from my Model 29 into it just for making me mad. Was glad I'd only spent $20 bucks on it. Put up a little better fight than your camera :D

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Dang Jason that's too bad Kitchenaid will go through them for you. that's a solid piece of hardware. Did you know you can even get an ice cream maker attachment for them?

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I always thought the best "warranty" service for most guys would be a toll-free number where when you dial in, instead of asking a bunch of questions and you having to return the product and wait, they just asked you what kind of ammunition you needed, and sent you a box so you could take the device out in the back yard and 'fix' it appropriately.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:D :D :D

Made you feel really good, didn't it?

As I have always said, shooting is so stress-relieving!!! :wink:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Ysabel Kid wrote::D :D :D

Made you feel really good, didn't it?
Sure did Kid. $350 is no small change for a guy who punches a clock. Modern technology products annoy me to no end as they have no return on money spent and only last a year or three. I only buy what I need.

I can see it now---

Buy your NEW Winchester '94 with two boxes of ammo and when the ammo is gone, the gun falls apart.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

I can certainly understand the sentament. My first digital went belly up on the wife and I in the middle of our 30th anniversary trip to the Big Island a few years ago.

Nice old flattop, wish mine looked as good, but still I'm fortunate to have it. :D
miestro_jerry
Levergunner

Post by miestro_jerry »

I am on my third digital camera, the first two died under the extended warranty that I purchased, so I got new ones.

Of course when a digital camera dies, you have to put it out of its misery.

Jerry
Always lookin' to learn
Always ready to teach

NRA Patron Member
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Interesting thread. Will have to look into this new (to me) avenue of recycling.

However, the most interesting thing in this thread was J Miller's admission that he has a brother livingin CA. So, it would seem that Joe has a direct tie to the "land of fruits & nuts". :lol:
ED
Yer never too old
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sixgun, if you need someone to send that Ruger to just PM me and I'll send you my FFL dealer's info.
Old Law Dawg
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

We all know someone that shot his wife's car, but since he knows where I live, I'll let him tell the story (I'm not making this up.....I think he slept on the couch for quite awhile) :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

ceb wrote:I can certainly understand the sentament. My first digital went belly up on the wife and I in the middle of our 30th anniversary trip to the Big Island a few years ago.

Nice old flattop, wish mine looked as good, but still I'm fortunate to have it. :D
ceb, Guns ALWAYS look better in pictures. The Ruger gets shot and carried on a somewhat regular basis.----------Thanx---Sixgun
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

HMMMM. I'm thinkin' Black and decker coffee maker vs. a Pedersoli Sharps at 100 yards :twisted: You have to shoot coffee makers at long range.They might charge at you and scald you :lol:
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I've shot up a few old TVs, that is always fun. :D
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.