Scope alert with pics/scroll down

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Scope alert with pics/scroll down

Post by edsguns »

Just a posting I felt necessary as it might help another member here. I just received a new scope (I realize many of you eshew them!) It is absolutely all I had hoped for and maybe more. A 2-7x33 30mm European model from Leupold. Before you get all huffy, listen to this part..... almost 5" of eye relief for ANY hard recoiling round! a low profile , so as not to ruin the fine lines of a lever rifle. But, to my eye this evening at my home, BETTER low light performance at sunset and after as compared (literally) to a 3-9x40 Zeiss! And maybe best of all, this scope can be had for a smidgen over $400. I know, not inexpensive, but in the day of $1,000. scopes....A really GREAT deal! A similar scope, that for the record I would have gotten for a lever gun in 1-4x24, is also available at the same cost. For those who might wonder if a 3 post (German type) reticle is something you might like .... I promise, YOU WILL!!
Last edited by edsguns on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

How about a picture?
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

High praise.
Yeah, more info please.
Savage99
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Savage99 »

I perfer the german # 4 or modified # 1 reticle to any other type..
Robert....

Chance favors the prepared mind....
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

homefront wrote:High praise.
Yeah, more info please.
OK, The scope is 11.5" long 13oz. It comes only in matte black finish. It's basically a twin to the VXI and VXII 2-7x33 scopes, except it's a 30mm tube of course. The reticle I got, German #4 is awesome to my mind/eye. The heavy outer portion is quite heavy, similar to the type on an Elite 3200 or 4200 "Firefly". The inner, finer, portion is very close to the same width as the heavy portion on a normal duplex Leupold reticle. The adjustment is by coin or screwdriver, positive click and 1 centimeter per. One centimeter = .3937", so that's between 1/3 and 1/2". I was able to get a conversion table for cm to inches in about 30 seconds from google and made a custom conversion chart on that site from 0 - 10" in .5" increments and printed it out. It's not as if I can readily afford scopes like this... I traded a T.R. mod 94 for this one, on this site. But, I can tell you, I'll want to buy at least 1 more, they are that good. (look for more "trades" from me...lol) I can supply pics when my smarter son in law arrives for dinner later! Again, a smaller 1-4x24 30mm version is also available at the same price and will likely be my next purchase.
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

scope pics

Post by edsguns »

This is the Euro 30 alone and alongside a VXI 2-7x33 for comparison. The Euro is about 1/4" longer than the VXI.