No-drill receiver sight for 99A?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

No-drill receiver sight for 99A?

Post by Pisgah »

Is there such a critter as a receiver sight for the Savage 99A that mounts with the rear scope base screws, such as Williams makes for many models? I checked their site, but it doesn't look like they make one specifically for the 99A. Of course, one of their other sights might possibly be adaptable. I have a machinist friend who could undoubtedy make one, but although he does such odd jobs for me from time to time he tends to be unnaturally obsessed with doing paying jobs! :lol:
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: No-drill receiver sight for 99A?

Post by Pete44ru »

The Williams FP-99S should fit the issue scope mount holes.

bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

I'm not up on Savage 99 models but there is a vintage Lyman receiver sight for the 99s.

Lyman 57SA is for the earlier guns and has a 1.125 mounting center
Lyman 57SB is for the later guns and has a .500 mounting center

Look at the auction sites and ebay to find one. I have a 57SB available.

They tend to be pricey tho, starting about $125 if you are lucky, paid $175 for the 57SB almost two years ago.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by marlin shooter »

Pisgah
I sent you a PM
Karl
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The simple answer is yes, there was one made but you have to look a bit to get them. I have one on MY 99A.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
CBinNH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by CBinNH »

I can get you a new Williams FP for a Savage 99S fairly reasonable. May not be what you have in mind though. PM me if you don't have luck elsewhere.