Not all fallen LE heros walk on 2 legs

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Not all fallen LE heros walk on 2 legs

Post by JReed »

I saw this on the news the night it happend. It is a shame that the BG lived but the dog didn't :( .

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/15007733/detail.html

My prayers go out to the dogs handeler he must behaving a ruff time of it.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

3 yrs max sentence is not enough for killing a LE officer!
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

That is his job. To take one for the officer. He is a tool. Dont get me wrong but any K9 I have worked with comes a far distant second to the life of a fellow officer.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Steve,

While that's true in the great scheme of things, Jeremy is probably right, the handler/partner is not a happy person now.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Personally, I'd like to take the BG, strip him down, coat his privates with ground steak, then give him a 5 second head start before 100 hungary police dogs. Seems like a fitting punishment to me! :evil:

Then again, I am a mean *** with no patience for BG's!!! :twisted:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Steve
Yes that is right the dog is a tool but this thing was getting ready to jump they sent the dog to hold him he picked the dog up in his arms climbed the railling and jumped. I think it is a shame that this guy a repeat offender lived and the dog a loyal animal doing what he is supposed to do died.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

This is what happens when the courts remove the ability to commit a nut case to the asylum.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

FALPhil wrote:This is what happens when the courts remove the ability to commit a nut case to the asylum.
If people could be commited just because they were nuts the legislative process would come to a halt for lack of a quorum.
FALPhil
Levergunner 1.0

Post by FALPhil »

BAGTIC wrote: If people could be commited just because they were nuts the legislative process would come to a halt for lack of a quorum.
You say that like it's a bad thing... :roll:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

JReed wrote:Steve
Yes that is right the dog is a tool but this thing was getting ready to jump they sent the dog to hold him he picked the dog up in his arms climbed the railling and jumped. I think it is a shame that this guy a repeat offender lived and the dog a loyal animal doing what he is supposed to do died.
When men abuse animals by putting them into this sort of danger in the first place, it is obvious that their intent is to "sacrifice" a dumb animal rather than putting their own, more valuable, human life in harm's way.

The jumper played his part, but the jumper is crazy, and aberrant behavior is to be expected. He is responsible to some degree, but not nearly as responsible as is the animal's handler who put the dog into place to be killed.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
crawdaddyjim
Levergunner 2.0

Post by crawdaddyjim »

Wiedner is right on. This time. I would not have unhooked my dog. Dude wants to suicide let em. As long as he aint gonna hurt no other physically then let em go.
ImageImageImage