Congratulations to you New Years Eve sky shooters

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Congratulations to you New Years Eve sky shooters

Post by FWiedner »

Arrest Made In New Year's Day Double Shooting

Same High Powered Rifle Shot Kills Woman And Girl At Party

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14 ... etail.html

Hope you had fun.

viewtopic.php?t=1843

:x
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

At least they were able to arrest the idiot responsible. :evil:
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

I had fun, and I'll do it again next year.

Because I use blanks.

Don't blame this on us. :evil:
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

The news report said the shot was fired from about 300 yards. That means he must have been aiming at the house, not into the sky.
I do not fire any firearm if I do not know the backstop, but this guy was not shooting into the sky.

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

A single bullet, fired from hundreds of yards away, blasted through a wall and killed two people in a west Denver home early New Year's Day,...
That rifle was not fired vertically into the air. Bold print is mine...

Nobody talking about the subject advocated unsafe practices. Your post implies otherwise.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

Hope you had fun.
To a man, the members here who said they were interested in doing this indicated using bird shot or blanks. A number of us said there's no way we'd do it at all.

We all feel as you do that this was tragic and unnecessary. The guy should be prosecuted, and there's nothing that can be done for that poor family except pray and offer support.

None of us encouraged or endorsed anything like what that ignorant man did.

God bless the victims and their families.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I didn't point any fingers at any specific individual.

I don't care if your daddy did it, and his daddy before him. I don't care if you've been doing it for years. I don't care if you live in the city, in the country, or up a friggen tree. I don't care if you point it up, or down, or sideways, or up yer worthless can.

ANY person who discharges a projectile from a firearm without concern for when or where it will end up is an idiot.

I'm sure that the family of the dead people will calm down once you explain how much fun you had.

There is no rationale to excuse this behavior.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

FWiedner wrote:I didn't point any fingers at any specific individual.
I'm sure that the family of the dead people will calm down once you explain how much fun you had.
Wall if y'ain't pointin' fingers at anyone, just who are you referring to when you say 'you'? 8)
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

ANY person who discharges a projectile from a firearm without concern for when or where it will end up is an idiot.
Person, I think that was the point of the original post. This is a discussion group and that was a topic related to New Year's Eve. We have that problem in our Hispanic community here in LA and it looks like Denver has that problem as well. My own post in that thread said that I would not do it.

Are you saying that a Denver person member of Leverguns.com read that post and, zombie-like, went out and started shooting into the air? Somehow I doubt it.

You're preaching to the choir here.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

FWiedner wrote: ANY person who discharges a projectile from a firearm without concern for when or where it will end up is an idiot.
No person here advocated such behavior although you seem to insist otherwise.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Agreed...Now, unless you have a bit more direct evidence that one of us would engage in such behavior, please MYOB :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Not to take away from this wonderful blame fest, but we had a little incident here too.

Some guy was blasting away with his 9mm when the police arrived.
Their story: They ordered him to drop the weapon, he refused and pointed it them, they shot him.

Witnesses story: Cops didn't give him a chance, they just shot him.

Dumb pelosi shooter is in the hospital with multiple gun shot wounds, under arrest for numerous gun related crimes, and the State Police are investigating.

My opinion, if you're stupid enough to stand outside and shoot in the city, you gotta expect trouble.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Some moron over in the Projects next door dumped his hi-cap crunchenticker 22 times... :roll:

Oh, and I enjoy shooting guns into the air on Independence day...

But for that stunt I use my 12ga Double Caplock Pistol and shoot flaming balls of steel/brass/copper wool into the air.

Home-made roman candle. :D
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
45-70-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45-70- »

Yawn... I think Blaine said it best.
I am a salty, old, retired Chief Petty Officer who is not impressed by much.

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our situation." Chesty Puller

Member of Marlin Firearms forum '02-'04
Member of Marlin Talk forum '04-?
Member of original Leverguns forum '04-'07
Member of new Leverguns forum '07-?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Ironsights wrote:Some moron over in the Projects next door dumped his hi-cap crunchenticker 22 times... :roll:

Oh, and I enjoy shooting guns into the air on Independence day...

But for that stunt I use my 12ga Double Caplock Pistol and shoot flaming balls of steel/brass/copper wool into the air.

Home-made roman candle. :D
:shock: You'll poke yer eye out!!!
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
airedaleman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by airedaleman »

Guess I'd best stop shooting ducks in the marsh, too...
Riamh Nar Dhruid O Spairn Lann
- motto on the Irish Regiments' flags
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

By using the word "you" it means anyone who will take the bait.

Obviously he was baiting.

And did so masterfully.

wink wink
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

MYOB????????

It was just on the 6 'O clock news here in Tampa there were 4 people hit here. 1 little girl required surgery.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Jeeps wrote:By using the word "you" it means anyone who will take the bait.

And did so masterfully.

wink wink
Where I come from that isn't called baiting .... it is called making irresponsible statements. If a person is speaking to the group, accusing them of something serious, and the 'you' isn't referring to anyone specifically in the group, then he's speaking to the entire group. A fellow needs to think before he speaks. Having said that, I'll have to admit that I'm as guilty as anyone else when it comes to having spoken before thinking, and have caused damage by what I said. So when I say something irresponsible, I appreciate it when someone points it out, and I hope FWiedner accepts it as point taken.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Not saying shooting into the sky is ok but this jerk was shooting at a streetlight with houses beyond it. Both are irresponsible but his actions are much moreso I think.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I really see this post as just plain antagonistic. There's no reason for it, except to stir the pot.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

marlinman93 wrote:I really see this post as just plain antagonistic. There's no reason for it, except to stir the pot.
And what pot would that be?

The "grossly irresponsible use of a firearm" pot?

To redirect the metaphor, "If the shoe fits, wear it".

If you are one of the select few who think that pointing a gun at empty sky and pulling the trigger is a good idea, then yeah, I'm talking to you.

:)

El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

And did so masterfully.

wink wink

Person, are you STILL missing the point or what? If you're so concerned about this phenomenon, go out into your community and educate the people who do this sort of thing. Go to the gang hangouts, the tattoo parlors, the strip joints, the 7-11 parking lots, spend your money on posters and stick them on boarded up buildings, if this is your quest. You're wasting your time here. :!:
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

sobenk wrote: You're wasting your time here. :!:
Obviously.

:roll:

GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

What a BOZO... Image

http://www.khon2.com/news/local/12997052.html

Officer Arrested for Reckless Endangerment

By Olena Rubin

An off-duty Honolulu police officer was arrested early Tuesday morning on suspicion of reckless endangerment. Neighbors say he repeatedly shot bullets into the air during New Years fireworks celebrations.

Roosevelt Blanco is an HPD officer of only three years, neighbors say he fired two guns, a pistol and another a rifle…possibly and automatic.

Early New Years Day families along Waipahu Street heard something unlike any firecracker.

“All I heard was like pa pa pa pa and that was it maybe like 12 shots,â€
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Jeeps, I don't think anyone but me got your joke...
I somewhat apologize for using it :oops:

For some reason I get angry quick at people who like to talk down to others.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Oregon Family Finds Bullet on Boy's Pillow, Hole in Bedroom Ceiling

A New Year's Eve slumber party nearly turned tragic for a Beaverton, Ore. family when a stray bullet pierced the roof of their home and landed on their son's pillow, KPTV reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320076,00.html

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

OK already, Wiedner, I apologize for what I've never done and never will do. As has already been mentioned, you're preaching to the choir here. :roll:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
redgum
Levergunner

Post by redgum »

.....FWiedner, I acknowledge your concerns over such behaviour, but please give the members here some credit. It's not our fault that screw-ups have access to firearms too.
.....anyway, .....betcha it wasn't a levergun

(Well spoken Claybob86) :wink:
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

try this one:

Man Obsesses Over Reckless Behavior, Shoots Self in Foot

A post New Year's Eve diatribe nearly turned tragic for a man when a bullet pierced his foot as he was demonstrating how never to shoot into the sky to celebrate New Year's Eve. Authorities in Beaverton, Oregon said F Wiedner was speaking to an audience on a Beaverton street corner when the gun he was holding discharged, thankfully not into the sky.

"He should have been more careful", said County Sherriff Rick O'Shea, "and we want to talk to him about his gun handling skills, but not today, because that HAD to hurt".

Wiedner was not available for comment, but he is expected to log on to a popular website and post a comment in the immediate future.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Some people need to get in a fight with a loaded gun and to let the gun win. :wink:
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm locking this topic.
Sincerely,

Hobie