Trigger on my Winchester 94...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Trigger on my Winchester 94...

Post by DerekR »

is a bit too heavy and has creep. It is a mid-seventies version with the flat mainspring. Anybody have any home-brew ideas to help it out some? I wish Wolff sold a reduced-power flat spring, but it doesn't look like they do. I wish it had the coil spring as I think they are a little smoother. Thanks in advance for the pointers boys!
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

The wolfe reduced hammer springs work great , if you have a coil spring. You can do the same thing with the leaf spring. To reduce the tension of a leaf spring you want to make it narrower.

To do this take the spring out and reduce the width by about a third. I use a black marker to draw a line on each side for the amount i want to take out. You will taper it in and then taper it back out leaving the side that contacts the hammer it original width. So both ends will stay the same and the center 2/3 will be narrower.

I use a bench grinder a bowl of cold water . Just grind a little then cool it . Use your bare hands so you can feel when it heats up. You don't want to distemper the metal. Deburr with a file.I've done this on my 94 and 95 winchesters.
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

Thanks Ben. I'll give that a try.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.