OT- I've got it bad...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- I've got it bad...

Post by Andrew »

I'm sitting here watching "The Sound of Music" and all I can think of are visions of Springfields, Mausers and Mosins dancing in my head. I must have something wrong with me. :shock:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

No nothing wrong with you I am watching the same flick while cleaning my Lee Enfield No4 Mk1 :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT- I've got it bad...

Post by J Miller »

Andrew wrote:I'm sitting here watching "The Sound of Music" and all I can think of are visions of Springfields, Mausers and Mosins dancing in my head. I must have something wrong with me. :shock:
"The Sound of Music" bores me to tears. I'd rather pick cholla cactus outa my fingers than watch it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Mojo »

And I paused there for a few minutes and it immediately reminded me of a 6.5x55 Swede that I saw for sale earlier today and immediately fell in love with. This is indeed a sickness.
If you can see the big picture, you are not focusing on your front sight.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Pansies! My son and I just finished watching "Above the Law", and now we're watching "Marked for Death". Nice think about watching it on AMC, the edit out the language, but keep in most of the action!!! :D
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

I have the perfect rifle for "The Sound of Music" in my gun safe: K31 Swiss :P
blueroan
Levergunner 1.0

YANKEES!

Post by blueroan »

I was listening to the soundtracks of RIDE WITH THE DEVIL and THE MISSING while I was casting full wadcutters for the 44 Vaqueros and LYMAN 431244s to keep the Marlin 1894 Cowboys going until the Ranch Dog mould gets here.
When they said SHARPS, I always thought BIG 50!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Here YK, I took care of some typo's in your post for you... 8) :lol:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Cultered people! My son and I just finished watching "A stupid movie", and now we're watching "Another stupid movie". Nice thing about watching it on AMC, they edit out the stuff, but keep in most of the boring seens that didn't make it to the theatre!!! :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Andrew wrote:Here YK, I took care of some typo's in your post for you... 8) :lol:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Cultered people! My son and I just finished watching "A stupid movie", and now we're watching "Another stupid movie". Nice thing about watching it on AMC, they edit out the stuff, but keep in most of the boring seens that didn't make it to the theatre!!! :D
Got me! :wink:

Actually - and this is very embarassing - I've never seen "The Sound of Music". I would like to watch it, but didn't want to see if edited the first time. I'll have to rent it one of these days.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

You boys get out of those bolts.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

The Sound of Music" bores me to tears. I'd rather pick cholla cactus outa my fingers than watch it.

Joe
Joe, I would rather watch you pick cholla cactus outa your fingers than watch the Sound Of Music. :wink: :)
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Ysabel you aren't missing anything the only reason it is on is the wife likes it. Personaly I would rather be shot threw the foot :shock: that is why I usualy retreat to the garage to clean guns or shoot my air guns.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

J Miller wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm sitting here watching "The Sound of Music" and all I can think of are visions of Springfields, Mausers and Mosins dancing in my head. I must have something wrong with me. :shock:
"The Sound of Music" bores me to tears. I'd rather pick cholla cactus outa my fingers than watch it.

Joe
I would rather watch cholla cactus grow than watch "The Sound of Music".
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I'd rather turn off the darn TV than watch Sound fo Music! :wink:
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I guess I won't hurry up to try to rent it any time soon! :wink:

I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" for the first time this Christmas. Same deal - never saw it and always wanted to, but broke down and watched in on TV versus renting it. I thought it was a great flick - see why everyone always talked so highly of it.

Then again, most folks talk highly of "The Sound of Music"... :wink:
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Man, I know cholla cactus, I'd rather watch most any movie than be within 100 yards of it!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Sgt443
Levergunner

Post by Sgt443 »

66GTO wrote:I have the perfect rifle for "The Sound of Music" in my gun safe: K31 Swiss :P
Me too! (times 5 :P :P :P :P :P )
If I am a student of the Human Condition does that make everyone I meet a lab rat?
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Im with yah jazman, please keep the cholla away.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Sounds like there was more than a few of us in the same boat. :)
The wife had control of the remote at the time.
I made it threw about 20 min. of it. :roll:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

steveb wrote:
The Sound of Music" bores me to tears. I'd rather pick cholla cactus outa my fingers than watch it.

Joe
Joe, I would rather watch you pick cholla cactus outa your fingers than watch the Sound Of Music. :wink: :)
Steve,

If you and I could ever go to AZ, I can introduce you to the cholla cactus. Matter of fact there are places you simply cannot walk through without picking up some of it. Heavy leather boots and levis are a must, only lunatics wear tennies out there.
The very best tool to carry when in cholla country is one of those rake type combs they used to use when the afro hair styles were in vogue. Along with a pair of needle nose pliers and some Mercurochrome.

Everybody,
I've seen 'The Sound of Music' years ago. It was great then, but somehow now it's just too fake. Besides I can't stand musicals.
If your curious about it, don't let negative opinions sway you, rent it and watch it. You just might like it.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***