OT- Comanche Moon

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Comanche Moon

Post by 1886 »

Looks like another good western coming on 1/13/08. Woodrow and Augustus in their early days before Lonesome Dove. Must see T.V. 1886.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

I read the book several years ago. Should be a good movie, not as good as Lonesome Dove, but that is a high standard to meet.

Is this a TV/Cable movie or in theaters? Who are the actors?
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Yeah Lonesome Dove was good. I saw the other two, Streets of Laredo and Dead Man's Walk. They were good but.. That Joey Garza was a handful though. 1886.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

The torture scenes were hard to read in the book...very brutal, ....be interesting to see how they do it in the movies. Those Commanches meant business!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

66GTO wrote:I read the book several years ago. Should be a good movie, not as good as Lonesome Dove, but that is a high standard to meet.
That's an understatement.
Is this a TV/Cable movie or in theaters? Who are the actors?
TV movie, 6 hrs over 3 nites, 1/13, 15 & 16/08 on CBS. Will star: Val Kilmer, Steve Zahn, Rachel Griffiths, Karl Urban, Linda Cardellini, Elizabeth Banks and Wes Studi.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

I read the book and as I remember it the ending left a lot to be desired .It was like McMurtry had 800 pages to fill and made the story too long and had to rush to tie it in with Lonesome Dove at the last chapter.Gus and Call aged several years in a couple of pages .Still a pretty good book though.I just wonder how Steve Zahn is going to be as Gus?
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

C. Cash wrote: Those Commanches meant business!
Yes, we did! :wink:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I hope it's a good one! I hate these mini series that don't stand up to the originals!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
SmokeEater2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SmokeEater2 »

I hope it's better than "Streets of Laredo" :shock: I was disappointed in that one.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Hey at least it's a western. Should be better then a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. :shock:

Ricky
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

I am guessing Wes Studi will be playing Buffalo Hump. He plays a wonderful villan. I cant wait to see it.